EAST CAMBRIDGESHIRE BUSINESS AWARDS: Deadline looms to enter your company into 2014 competition
- Credit: Archant
There are less than five days left to get your entries in for the sixth Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards.
On Friday, October 3, an audience of finalists and sponsors from local businesses of all sizes will gather at Ely Cathedral to celebrate the achievements of businesses within East Cambridgeshire.
But the closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday, July 25 – so don’t delay and put your business forward through our website, www.elybusinessawards.co.uk
The awards are run by this newspaper in association with N&C Glass.
This year, we have a total of 11 awards up for grabs, 10 of which are open for entries. They will identify East Cambridgeshire’s best small and medium-sized companies, the best new enterprises and the most influential business people.
You may also want to watch:
A category also returning is the Business in the Community Award, which will recognise businesses that contribute to their communities without the expectation of direct commercial benefit.
Our hunt for East Cambridgeshire’s business stars of the future continues with the Young Entrepreneur of the Year award, while the companies that use the internet to the maximum of its capability will be recognised by the Website of the Year award.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 6 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
Finally, a ‘winner of winners’ will be chosen from the 10 category winners for the grand title of Business of the Year. The award was won in 2009 by Blue Donkey of Ely, in 2010 by G’s Marketing, of Barway, in 2011 and 2012 by Quotient Bioresearch, of Fordham, and last year by PA Answer, of Ely
Our judges will meet within the next two weeks to select a shortlist for each category. The shortlisted businesses will be invited to the glittering awards dinner which will take place on Friday, October 4, at the Lady Chapel in Ely Cathedral.
Also in attendance will be sponsors, council dignitaries, local business leaders and the Ely Standard team.