EAST CAMBRIDGESHIRE BUSINESS AWARDS: Deadline looms to enter your company into 2014 competition
- Credit: Archant
There are less than five days left to get your entries in for the sixth Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards.
On Friday, October 3, an audience of finalists and sponsors from local businesses of all sizes will gather at Ely Cathedral to celebrate the achievements of businesses within East Cambridgeshire.
But the closing date for entries is 5pm on Friday, July 25 – so don’t delay and put your business forward through our website, www.elybusinessawards.co.uk
The awards are run by this newspaper in association with N&C Glass.
This year, we have a total of 11 awards up for grabs, 10 of which are open for entries. They will identify East Cambridgeshire’s best small and medium-sized companies, the best new enterprises and the most influential business people.
A category also returning is the Business in the Community Award, which will recognise businesses that contribute to their communities without the expectation of direct commercial benefit.
Our hunt for East Cambridgeshire’s business stars of the future continues with the Young Entrepreneur of the Year award, while the companies that use the internet to the maximum of its capability will be recognised by the Website of the Year award.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 5 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
Finally, a ‘winner of winners’ will be chosen from the 10 category winners for the grand title of Business of the Year. The award was won in 2009 by Blue Donkey of Ely, in 2010 by G’s Marketing, of Barway, in 2011 and 2012 by Quotient Bioresearch, of Fordham, and last year by PA Answer, of Ely
Our judges will meet within the next two weeks to select a shortlist for each category. The shortlisted businesses will be invited to the glittering awards dinner which will take place on Friday, October 4, at the Lady Chapel in Ely Cathedral.
Also in attendance will be sponsors, council dignitaries, local business leaders and the Ely Standard team.