Duke of York flies in to open new £1m facility
PRINCE Andrew flew into Ely last week to open a new £1 million business facility. He arrived by private helicopter as a special representative of International Trade and Investment and opened a new building for award-winning manufacturing and engineering
PRINCE Andrew flew into Ely last week to open a new £1 million business facility.
He arrived by private helicopter as a special representative of International Trade and Investment and opened a new building for award-winning manufacturing and engineering company Shearline.
Damion Clark, from Shearline, said: "He made a really nice speech about Shearline's achievements. He talked about the marginal profits of UK engineering companies and seemed really touched at the progress we have made."
The Duke of York was taken on a tour of the facility, spoke to members of staff and learned about the latest manufacturing process being introduced.
You may also want to watch:
The new 10,000 sq ft building features a number of state-of-the-art environmental features such as rain water collection and usage, and energy generated from wind power. Linked to the current Shearline factory, it will enable Hybrid Laser Tech, a precision laser-cutting company bought by Shearline in 2005, to become an integral part of the company's complete manufacturing offer to its customers.
David Lonsdale, Shearline's sales and marketing manager, said: "It was an honour to welcome His Royal Highness, The Duke of York to Shearline and we were delighted to show him around our facility and receive his praise as he officially opened the new building for Hybrid Laser Tech.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 10 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
"The additional capabilities that Hybrid offers, coupled with our complete manufacturing service, reinforces Shearline's strong position in the industry and ensures we are in a robust position in an increasingly competitive market.