Donarbon Celebrates Triple Awards
WASTE management and recycling company Donarbon held a triple celebration last month when it was awarded a trio of certificates from BSI Management Systems. These were in recognition of successful assessments to the management system standards of Quality
WASTE management and recycling company Donarbon held a triple celebration last month when it was awarded a trio of certificates from BSI Management Systems. These were in recognition of successful assessments to the management system standards of Quality Management (ISO 9001), Environmental Management (ISO 14001) and Health and Safety Management (BS OHSAS 18001).
At an informal ceremony at Donarbon's offices in Waterbeach, Colin Rushmere, team manager at BSI Management Systems, presented Sarah Clover, business development director for Donarbon, with framed certificates.
In April, Donarbon celebrated the start of a major 28-year PFI waste treatment and recycling contract with Cambridgeshire County Council, and a requirement of the contract was that the company would work towards gaining certification in these fields as soon as possible.
Sarah Clover said: "We are very proud as a company to receive these three certificates, and this is part of our on-going commitment to provide a value-added service to all our customers. Every part of our operation and service was scrutinised during BSI's assessments, and although it was a requirement of our contract with the county council, certification in these three areas is something we would have gone for independently, because more and more of our private sector customers are asking us to provide evidence of quality assurance in these areas."
required a considerable amount of staff input and the use of consultants,
She added: "Although it was a lot of intensive work for a core team of staff working to get certification, supported by all our operational staff, the award is well worth the effort since all our existing customers, and potential new ones, know that the services Donarbon provide meet the highest standards set out by BSI. But this is not the end, for the accreditation process allows us to put in place strategies to continuously improve our services to customers and this we will strive to do."
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 6 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 7 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 8 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
Donarbon has also been working towards obtaining the Integrated Management System (PAS 99) certificate, which it expects to receive from BSI Management Systems very shortly.
Pic cap: From left to right: Sarah Clover, Colin Rushmere, Sally Hunt, with Saba Alai, Russell Hirst, Julia Barrett, and other members of Donarbon's staff.