Discover Ely’s hidden gems at independent showcase event
- Credit: Archant
Independent traders from across Ely will help showcase the best of their business at a special Independents Day event in July.
The event, taking place on July 3, is part of a national campaign that promotes and celebrates independent businesses across the UK.
It will be the fourth consecutive year that Ely Chamber of Commerce has organised the annual event that raises awareness of independent businesses, many of which are hidden away in Ely’s side streets.
John Bridge, chief executive of Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, said:
“Independents Day offers a unique opportunity to shine the spotlight on independent businesses that are often hidden away or unknown to the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“The annual event is undeniably important for showcasing the vibrancy of distinctive and unique independent businesses within the Ely area.
“By shopping local and sourcing services from independent businesses people can really help boost the local economy.”
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
Last year’s Independents day attracted over 30 local independent businesses. The event is a great opportunity for patrons to distribute samples, promote special offers and celebrate their independence.
For more information about Independents Day, call Karen Dawson on 01223 237414 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org