Discover Ely’s hidden gems at independent showcase event
- Credit: Archant
Independent traders from across Ely will help showcase the best of their business at a special Independents Day event in July.
The event, taking place on July 3, is part of a national campaign that promotes and celebrates independent businesses across the UK.
It will be the fourth consecutive year that Ely Chamber of Commerce has organised the annual event that raises awareness of independent businesses, many of which are hidden away in Ely’s side streets.
John Bridge, chief executive of Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, said:
“Independents Day offers a unique opportunity to shine the spotlight on independent businesses that are often hidden away or unknown to the local community.
“The annual event is undeniably important for showcasing the vibrancy of distinctive and unique independent businesses within the Ely area.
“By shopping local and sourcing services from independent businesses people can really help boost the local economy.”
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended
Last year’s Independents day attracted over 30 local independent businesses. The event is a great opportunity for patrons to distribute samples, promote special offers and celebrate their independence.
For more information about Independents Day, call Karen Dawson on 01223 237414 or e-mail email@example.com