Discover Ely’s hidden gems at independent showcase event
- Credit: Archant
Independent traders from across Ely will help showcase the best of their business at a special Independents Day event in July.
The event, taking place on July 3, is part of a national campaign that promotes and celebrates independent businesses across the UK.
It will be the fourth consecutive year that Ely Chamber of Commerce has organised the annual event that raises awareness of independent businesses, many of which are hidden away in Ely’s side streets.
John Bridge, chief executive of Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, said:
“Independents Day offers a unique opportunity to shine the spotlight on independent businesses that are often hidden away or unknown to the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“The annual event is undeniably important for showcasing the vibrancy of distinctive and unique independent businesses within the Ely area.
“By shopping local and sourcing services from independent businesses people can really help boost the local economy.”
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 6 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 9 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 10 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
Last year’s Independents day attracted over 30 local independent businesses. The event is a great opportunity for patrons to distribute samples, promote special offers and celebrate their independence.
For more information about Independents Day, call Karen Dawson on 01223 237414 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org