Discover Ely’s hidden gems at independent showcase event
- Credit: Archant
Independent traders from across Ely will help showcase the best of their business at a special Independents Day event in July.
The event, taking place on July 3, is part of a national campaign that promotes and celebrates independent businesses across the UK.
It will be the fourth consecutive year that Ely Chamber of Commerce has organised the annual event that raises awareness of independent businesses, many of which are hidden away in Ely’s side streets.
John Bridge, chief executive of Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, said:
“Independents Day offers a unique opportunity to shine the spotlight on independent businesses that are often hidden away or unknown to the local community.
“The annual event is undeniably important for showcasing the vibrancy of distinctive and unique independent businesses within the Ely area.
“By shopping local and sourcing services from independent businesses people can really help boost the local economy.”
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 3 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 8 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 9 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 10 Car rolled in crash on A14
Last year’s Independents day attracted over 30 local independent businesses. The event is a great opportunity for patrons to distribute samples, promote special offers and celebrate their independence.
For more information about Independents Day, call Karen Dawson on 01223 237414 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org