Devolution and Brexit are the talking points as MP Lucy Frazer meets with local business leaders
- Credit: Archant
MP Lucy Frazer says small businesses are the “lifeblood” of the region’s economy after meeting with their owners to discuss the implications of Britain’s decision to leave the EU.
Ms Fraser met with the owners of businesses in the area, East Cambridgeshire District Council representative Andy Jones and chairman of the Greater Cambridge Federation of Small Businesses, Alan Todd at Ely Golf Club.
Devolution, business crimes and the implication of Britain’s exit from the European Union were all discussed in what Ms Frazer described as a “very useful” meeting.
She said: “I was delighted to attend what was a very useful meeting with local businesses. Small businesses are the lifeblood of the economy of South East Cambridgeshire and I am very concerned that the area continues to be seen as open for business.
“We had a very constructive discussion. I am always happy for businesses to contact me about issues such as business crime and business rates which I will take forward with the people concerned.”
You may also want to watch:
Alan Todd said: “We are really grateful to Lucy for taking the time to listen to the concerns of our members and to let us have the latest Government thinking in these uncertain times.
“The top issues that were discussed were the proposed reform of business rates, the implications of leaving the EU for our businesses and how we can make apprenticeships work for the local economy. Lucy was very attentive to our concerns and I am sure that she will help as much as she can.”
- 1 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen