Delicious deli of delight
LOUISE Fisher opened her delicatessen Humble Pie at 2a High Street Passage, just over three weeks ago. The Farmers Market is really popular in Ely, she said. People here know their food and I saw the need for a more permanent outlet. I decided to
LOUISE Fisher opened her delicatessen Humble Pie at 2a High Street Passage, just over three weeks ago.
"The Farmers' Market is really popular in Ely," she said. "People here know their food and I saw the need for a more permanent outlet.
"I decided to source local produce to sell here and, so far, it has been a resounding success."
Louise is also the owner and manager of The Honey Pot next door, which sells kitchen and giftware.
The shop is in a prime location and really nicely laid out with open shelves stacked with a variety of goodies, from jams, chutneys and relishes to marinades such as honey and chilli.
Humble Pie also stocks pasta, meringues, herbs and other dried food for special occasions. Fresh fruit and free range eggs are not on sale, appealingly displayed in open baskets.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 6 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 7 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 8 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 9 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
"We seem to be attracting all sorts of people from foodies to lunchtime shoppers. The older customers love being able to buy small quantities of meat and cheese, which they find difficult to get in the supermarkets. We will even sell them one egg," Louise added.
The smell of home-cooked food hits you as you walk through the door and really will appeal to customers who want to get their taste buds going before buying food. Louise and her team cook everything on site and the lunchtime specials change daily.
On one particular day, there were warm, herby sausages in a roll on offer, home-made soup, tortilla and quiche. There is also a roast of the day, the warm meat is freshly carved and put into rolls.
Humble Pie also sells organic bread and rolls from the popular Cobs Bakery, based in Cambridge.
"Many of the stallholders on the Farmers' Market supply Humble Pie, so people in Ely will be familiar with our range," Louise told the Ely Standard.
Louise is happy to take orders and will cater for all occasions, such as parties and weddings.
# Humble Pie
2A High Street Passage
Telephone: 01353 664847