Crafts and fabric shop expands into new town centre location
- Credit: Archant
Bon Ami Cottage crafts and fabrics shop has opened its doors in Mildenhall.
Based in Market Place, the store has created several local jobs and has providing craftspeople from across the area with a space to showcase their work.
Established by Melanie Brooks in 2009, Bon Ami set up on the Mildenhall and Lakenheath air bases as well as a shop in Feltwell.
Melanie is delighted to have opened her new store in the centre of Mildenhall.
She said: “I decided to open a store after many local people expressed a keen interestin having a craft and fabric store in the town.
We already have a very well established customer base with US military and contractor families and our Friday market stall in the town proved very popular. This is the logical next step.
“I have plans for expansion into other towns across East Anglia over the coming years. There is clearly a market for personalised and bespoke gifts and crafts.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 9 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 10 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
The new shop will have a fabrics section, an area for craft workshops and a number of shelves available for crafts people to sell their products.
For more details visit Bon Ami Cottage Crafts on Facebook or contact Melanie
direct on 07979771315 / firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.