Consultation period gets underway to relocate Haddenham Post Office
- Credit: Archant
A six week public consultation period has begun on a proposal to move Haddenham Post Office.
The Post Office has said that moving the office down the High Street to the premises of SPAR would double opening hours and create a ‘modern, open-plan ‘local style’ branch.’
The proposed move would be part of a major modernisation programme across the Post Office network – costing £1.34bn - which the Post Office say is designed to ‘make it easier for customers to do business’ through longer opening hours and open-plan environments.
If moved, the new Post Office would be open seven days a week, creating an extra 64 hours of service.
The Post Office is now inviting customers to give their comments in a six-week public consultation before a final decision is made on Wednesday March 23.
You may also want to watch:
Submissions can be made during the consultation by Freepost ‘Your Comments’ to Post Office Ltd, via email to email@example.com, via the Customer Helpline on 03457 22 33 44 or Textphone 03457 22 33 55.
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 6 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 7 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 8 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered