Consultation period gets underway to relocate Haddenham Post Office
- Credit: Archant
A six week public consultation period has begun on a proposal to move Haddenham Post Office.
The Post Office has said that moving the office down the High Street to the premises of SPAR would double opening hours and create a ‘modern, open-plan ‘local style’ branch.’
The proposed move would be part of a major modernisation programme across the Post Office network – costing £1.34bn - which the Post Office say is designed to ‘make it easier for customers to do business’ through longer opening hours and open-plan environments.
If moved, the new Post Office would be open seven days a week, creating an extra 64 hours of service.
The Post Office is now inviting customers to give their comments in a six-week public consultation before a final decision is made on Wednesday March 23.
You may also want to watch:
Submissions can be made during the consultation by Freepost ‘Your Comments’ to Post Office Ltd, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via the Customer Helpline on 03457 22 33 44 or Textphone 03457 22 33 55.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 8 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'