Consultation period gets underway to relocate Haddenham Post Office
- Credit: Archant
A six week public consultation period has begun on a proposal to move Haddenham Post Office.
The Post Office has said that moving the office down the High Street to the premises of SPAR would double opening hours and create a ‘modern, open-plan ‘local style’ branch.’
The proposed move would be part of a major modernisation programme across the Post Office network – costing £1.34bn - which the Post Office say is designed to ‘make it easier for customers to do business’ through longer opening hours and open-plan environments.
If moved, the new Post Office would be open seven days a week, creating an extra 64 hours of service.
The Post Office is now inviting customers to give their comments in a six-week public consultation before a final decision is made on Wednesday March 23.
You may also want to watch:
Submissions can be made during the consultation by Freepost ‘Your Comments’ to Post Office Ltd, via email to email@example.com, via the Customer Helpline on 03457 22 33 44 or Textphone 03457 22 33 55.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment