Concerns Over Traffic and Lack of Funding Contained in Feedback of Soham Vision
CONCERNS over an increase in traffic and a lack of funding have featured strongly in the initial feedback on the Soham Masterplan Vision. In a report released to councillors this week which summarised the results of a recent public consultation, resident
CONCERNS over an increase in traffic and a lack of funding have featured strongly in the initial feedback on the Soham Masterplan Vision.
In a report released to councillors this week which summarised the results of a recent public consultation, resident's fears regarding more heavy traffic in the town centre and a lack of funding to pay for the ambitious Vision itself featured prominently.
Broadly however, some 66 per cent of the people questioned either strongly supported or supported the Vision while around 25 per cent were either opposed or strongly opposed to it.
The consultation for the Vision took place over two days between March 11-13 in the Methodist Church Hall and attracted some 133 people from the town, who were invited to have their say on the proposals put forward so far.
Speaking at a meeting of the Strategic Development Committee on Tuesday, Cllr Derek Beckett, said: "There were a few problems identified in the feedback and we would accept those and we want to help residents and businesses to work on those.
"We want to stress though that the plans involved with the Vision are aspirational at this stage and there is more yet to be done."
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
The Vision document featured plans for hundreds of news homes in the town as well as improved business and transport schemes. East Cambridgeshire District Council and Soham Town Council are keen to see the town revitalised and are hoping the Vision will set out a plan for the next generation of development in Soham.
A spokesman for Vision developers Entec, said: "There were a number of concerns that came to light regarding the Eastern Gateway but I think the plans are still conceptual at this stage and the finer details of the development will come to light at a later stage.