Company looks to add jobs if expansion plans approved
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning bridal wear company has submitted plans to expand its premises in Witchford.
Richard Designs Limited has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council for permission to build a workshop, warehouse and office on the Lancaster Way Business Park.
The company, which was founded in 1985, specialises in the design and manufacture of bridal accessories and has won an industry-backed best accessories supplier award on five occasions.
It currently employs 84 staff and a number of apprentices at its Witchford base but agents acting for the company say the expansion could create a further 16 jobs – taking the workforce up to 100.
The agents said: “The new building will enable the company to remain at Lancaster Way Business Park, drawing its workforce, totalling 84 staff, as it does from Ely and East Cambridgeshire, bringing skilled manual jobs and prosperity to the district.
You may also want to watch:
“The building will be used as a manufacturing workshop, warehouse, ancillary office and ancillary display space facility for the operation of Richard Designs Limited. The opening times are to continue to be unrestricted to maintain the greatest degree of flexibility so as not to constrain the business’ ability to service orders and expand its workforce as the market dictates.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat
- 10 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos