Company looks to add jobs if expansion plans approved
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning bridal wear company has submitted plans to expand its premises in Witchford.
Richard Designs Limited has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council for permission to build a workshop, warehouse and office on the Lancaster Way Business Park.
The company, which was founded in 1985, specialises in the design and manufacture of bridal accessories and has won an industry-backed best accessories supplier award on five occasions.
It currently employs 84 staff and a number of apprentices at its Witchford base but agents acting for the company say the expansion could create a further 16 jobs – taking the workforce up to 100.
The agents said: “The new building will enable the company to remain at Lancaster Way Business Park, drawing its workforce, totalling 84 staff, as it does from Ely and East Cambridgeshire, bringing skilled manual jobs and prosperity to the district.
You may also want to watch:
“The building will be used as a manufacturing workshop, warehouse, ancillary office and ancillary display space facility for the operation of Richard Designs Limited. The opening times are to continue to be unrestricted to maintain the greatest degree of flexibility so as not to constrain the business’ ability to service orders and expand its workforce as the market dictates.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby