Company looks to add jobs if expansion plans approved
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning bridal wear company has submitted plans to expand its premises in Witchford.
Richard Designs Limited has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council for permission to build a workshop, warehouse and office on the Lancaster Way Business Park.
The company, which was founded in 1985, specialises in the design and manufacture of bridal accessories and has won an industry-backed best accessories supplier award on five occasions.
It currently employs 84 staff and a number of apprentices at its Witchford base but agents acting for the company say the expansion could create a further 16 jobs – taking the workforce up to 100.
The agents said: “The new building will enable the company to remain at Lancaster Way Business Park, drawing its workforce, totalling 84 staff, as it does from Ely and East Cambridgeshire, bringing skilled manual jobs and prosperity to the district.
You may also want to watch:
“The building will be used as a manufacturing workshop, warehouse, ancillary office and ancillary display space facility for the operation of Richard Designs Limited. The opening times are to continue to be unrestricted to maintain the greatest degree of flexibility so as not to constrain the business’ ability to service orders and expand its workforce as the market dictates.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air