Clothes shop’s launch event in aid of Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
A clothes shop in Ely is hoping to raise hundreds of pounds for Macmillan Cancer Support at a special launch evening, next week.
Artichoke will be unveiling its summer collection in the city on Wenesday, April 8.
Proprietor Sarah Simonds opened the doors to Artichoke, in High Street Passage, in December and has also managed a store in Hingham, Norfolk, for the last 11 years.
She said: “We will be showcasing our new summer collection at Artichoke from 5pm and hopefully raising lots of money for MacMillan Cancer Support at the same time.
“Strong trends for this summer include denim, the ice-cream colours and of course the nautical look.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be offering customers a glass of fizz and canapés as well as a chance to peruse a collection that we are all incredibly excited about.”
Tickets to the launch are £5 and available in advance from Artichoke or by calling 01353 665472.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
All proceeds plus 10 per cent of sales on the evening will go to Macmillan.