Clothes shop’s launch event in aid of Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
A clothes shop in Ely is hoping to raise hundreds of pounds for Macmillan Cancer Support at a special launch evening, next week.
Artichoke will be unveiling its summer collection in the city on Wenesday, April 8.
Proprietor Sarah Simonds opened the doors to Artichoke, in High Street Passage, in December and has also managed a store in Hingham, Norfolk, for the last 11 years.
She said: “We will be showcasing our new summer collection at Artichoke from 5pm and hopefully raising lots of money for MacMillan Cancer Support at the same time.
“Strong trends for this summer include denim, the ice-cream colours and of course the nautical look.
“We will be offering customers a glass of fizz and canapés as well as a chance to peruse a collection that we are all incredibly excited about.”
Tickets to the launch are £5 and available in advance from Artichoke or by calling 01353 665472.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 8 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 9 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 10 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
All proceeds plus 10 per cent of sales on the evening will go to Macmillan.