Clothes shop’s launch event in aid of Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
A clothes shop in Ely is hoping to raise hundreds of pounds for Macmillan Cancer Support at a special launch evening, next week.
Artichoke will be unveiling its summer collection in the city on Wenesday, April 8.
Proprietor Sarah Simonds opened the doors to Artichoke, in High Street Passage, in December and has also managed a store in Hingham, Norfolk, for the last 11 years.
She said: “We will be showcasing our new summer collection at Artichoke from 5pm and hopefully raising lots of money for MacMillan Cancer Support at the same time.
“Strong trends for this summer include denim, the ice-cream colours and of course the nautical look.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be offering customers a glass of fizz and canapés as well as a chance to peruse a collection that we are all incredibly excited about.”
Tickets to the launch are £5 and available in advance from Artichoke or by calling 01353 665472.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
All proceeds plus 10 per cent of sales on the evening will go to Macmillan.