Clothes shop’s launch event in aid of Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
A clothes shop in Ely is hoping to raise hundreds of pounds for Macmillan Cancer Support at a special launch evening, next week.
Artichoke will be unveiling its summer collection in the city on Wenesday, April 8.
Proprietor Sarah Simonds opened the doors to Artichoke, in High Street Passage, in December and has also managed a store in Hingham, Norfolk, for the last 11 years.
She said: “We will be showcasing our new summer collection at Artichoke from 5pm and hopefully raising lots of money for MacMillan Cancer Support at the same time.
“Strong trends for this summer include denim, the ice-cream colours and of course the nautical look.
“We will be offering customers a glass of fizz and canapés as well as a chance to peruse a collection that we are all incredibly excited about.”
Tickets to the launch are £5 and available in advance from Artichoke or by calling 01353 665472.
- 1 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 2 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 3 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 7 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' following A1303 crash
- 9 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 10 Budding musicians hit the right note at 25th annual awards evening
All proceeds plus 10 per cent of sales on the evening will go to Macmillan.