Clothes shop’s launch event in aid of Macmillan
- Credit: Archant
A clothes shop in Ely is hoping to raise hundreds of pounds for Macmillan Cancer Support at a special launch evening, next week.
Artichoke will be unveiling its summer collection in the city on Wenesday, April 8.
Proprietor Sarah Simonds opened the doors to Artichoke, in High Street Passage, in December and has also managed a store in Hingham, Norfolk, for the last 11 years.
She said: “We will be showcasing our new summer collection at Artichoke from 5pm and hopefully raising lots of money for MacMillan Cancer Support at the same time.
“Strong trends for this summer include denim, the ice-cream colours and of course the nautical look.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be offering customers a glass of fizz and canapés as well as a chance to peruse a collection that we are all incredibly excited about.”
Tickets to the launch are £5 and available in advance from Artichoke or by calling 01353 665472.
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
All proceeds plus 10 per cent of sales on the evening will go to Macmillan.