Chiping in for Charity Sunday
Hennesy s Fish Bar 5 Market Place, Ely Tel: 01353 662720 DANNY Hennesy has been managing the Market Place chip shop for two-and-a-half years, and has decided to organise an event in support of the local community on July 9. It s called Charity Sunday,
Hennesy's Fish Bar
5 Market Place, Ely Tel: 01353 662720
DANNY Hennesy has been managing the Market Place chip shop for two-and-a-half years, and has decided to organise an event in support of the local community on July 9.
"It's called Charity Sunday," he said.
You may also want to watch:
The shop will be open from 11.30am-7pm, with various family-orientated events, including face-painting, kids' rides, and the chance to get fish and chips for £2.50 for the entire day (to eat in or take away).
There will be a visit from a local radio station, as well as a raffle, with the winning ticket entitling its owner to free fish and chips for a year.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
"Every penny we make on the day is going to St Mary's Infant School," Mr Hennesy said.
"We want to raise as much as we can - we wanted to give something back to the local community that has supported us."
The shop prides itself on its traditional fish and chips, and the majority of the potatoes used are from Littleport.
"We think it's important to serve local businesses and keep everything as local as we can," Mr Hennesy said.
Hennesy's has a large dining area and a restaurant on the first floor which is available for bookings, and the shop also offers a delivery service for large orders, such as fish and chip supper quiz nights.