Chiping in for Charity Sunday
Hennesy s Fish Bar 5 Market Place, Ely Tel: 01353 662720 DANNY Hennesy has been managing the Market Place chip shop for two-and-a-half years, and has decided to organise an event in support of the local community on July 9. It s called Charity Sunday,
Hennesy's Fish Bar
5 Market Place, Ely Tel: 01353 662720
DANNY Hennesy has been managing the Market Place chip shop for two-and-a-half years, and has decided to organise an event in support of the local community on July 9.
"It's called Charity Sunday," he said.
The shop will be open from 11.30am-7pm, with various family-orientated events, including face-painting, kids' rides, and the chance to get fish and chips for £2.50 for the entire day (to eat in or take away).
There will be a visit from a local radio station, as well as a raffle, with the winning ticket entitling its owner to free fish and chips for a year.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 6 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 7 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 8 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 9 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 10 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
"Every penny we make on the day is going to St Mary's Infant School," Mr Hennesy said.
"We want to raise as much as we can - we wanted to give something back to the local community that has supported us."
The shop prides itself on its traditional fish and chips, and the majority of the potatoes used are from Littleport.
"We think it's important to serve local businesses and keep everything as local as we can," Mr Hennesy said.
Hennesy's has a large dining area and a restaurant on the first floor which is available for bookings, and the shop also offers a delivery service for large orders, such as fish and chip supper quiz nights.