Chip deal raises tidy sum
CUT-PRICE fish and chips raised more than £1,400 for an Ely primary school on Sunday and battered last year s cash total. The event, organised at Hennesy s Fish Bar on Ely s Market Place, saw fish and chips discounted all day from their normal price of £4
CUT-PRICE fish and chips raised more than £1,400 for an Ely primary school on Sunday and battered last year's cash total.
The event, organised at Hennesy's Fish Bar on Ely's Market Place, saw fish and chips discounted all day from their normal price of £4.05 to just £2.95.
Customers poured into the shop to take advantage of the price busting offer and raised £1,426 for children at St Mary's Primary school, who are regular customers.
The successful event followed a similar fund-raiser last year, which brought in £1,000 for the school.
You may also want to watch:
A range of fairground rides, tombola and other activities also proved popular during the day.
Hennesy's manager, Danny Hennesy, said: "It was a fantastic success.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
"I am so grateful to everyone who supported us and to the staff who gave their time for free to work in the shop.