Chip deal raises tidy sum
CUT-PRICE fish and chips raised more than £1,400 for an Ely primary school on Sunday and battered last year s cash total. The event, organised at Hennesy s Fish Bar on Ely s Market Place, saw fish and chips discounted all day from their normal price of £4
CUT-PRICE fish and chips raised more than £1,400 for an Ely primary school on Sunday and battered last year's cash total.
The event, organised at Hennesy's Fish Bar on Ely's Market Place, saw fish and chips discounted all day from their normal price of £4.05 to just £2.95.
Customers poured into the shop to take advantage of the price busting offer and raised £1,426 for children at St Mary's Primary school, who are regular customers.
The successful event followed a similar fund-raiser last year, which brought in £1,000 for the school.
You may also want to watch:
A range of fairground rides, tombola and other activities also proved popular during the day.
Hennesy's manager, Danny Hennesy, said: "It was a fantastic success.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 6 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 10 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
"I am so grateful to everyone who supported us and to the staff who gave their time for free to work in the shop.