Chip deal raises tidy sum
CUT-PRICE fish and chips raised more than £1,400 for an Ely primary school on Sunday and battered last year s cash total. The event, organised at Hennesy s Fish Bar on Ely s Market Place, saw fish and chips discounted all day from their normal price of £4
CUT-PRICE fish and chips raised more than £1,400 for an Ely primary school on Sunday and battered last year's cash total.
The event, organised at Hennesy's Fish Bar on Ely's Market Place, saw fish and chips discounted all day from their normal price of £4.05 to just £2.95.
Customers poured into the shop to take advantage of the price busting offer and raised £1,426 for children at St Mary's Primary school, who are regular customers.
The successful event followed a similar fund-raiser last year, which brought in £1,000 for the school.
A range of fairground rides, tombola and other activities also proved popular during the day.
Hennesy's manager, Danny Hennesy, said: "It was a fantastic success.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
"I am so grateful to everyone who supported us and to the staff who gave their time for free to work in the shop.