Chettisham garage owner keeps it in the family
- Credit: Archant
A new garage that has opened up in Chettisham is a real family affair.
Winthorpe Vehicle Services was launched by mechanic Stuart Sculthorpe back in September, after building his business up from a mobile service.
And, having taken on a garage, Stuart was quick to enlist the help of his dad, Nick, 56, and brother, Tim, 28.
The trio, who hail from Mepal, are based on the Chettisham Business Park, in Lynn Road, and tackle all manner of repairs, servicing, MOTs, tyres and exhausts.
Stuart said: “The opportunity to take on the garage came up when the guy who used to own it decided he wanted to pack up and I jumped at the chance.
You may also want to watch:
“After I finished my apprenticeship five years ago, I started a mobile mechanic business and I have built it up from there.”
Stuart’s dad Nick used to be a haulier but decided after decades in the business that he would re-train as a mechanic to help his son and is now fully qualified to carry out class four and seven MOTs. The garage even opens from 6-8pm during weekdays for late night MOTs.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 9 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 10 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
Despite their familial relationship, Stuart said it is easy working with his dad and brother.
“Especially as I’m the boss!” he said.
For more information, call Winthorpe on 01353 968042 or 07824 667391.