Chettisham garage owner keeps it in the family
- Credit: Archant
A new garage that has opened up in Chettisham is a real family affair.
Winthorpe Vehicle Services was launched by mechanic Stuart Sculthorpe back in September, after building his business up from a mobile service.
And, having taken on a garage, Stuart was quick to enlist the help of his dad, Nick, 56, and brother, Tim, 28.
The trio, who hail from Mepal, are based on the Chettisham Business Park, in Lynn Road, and tackle all manner of repairs, servicing, MOTs, tyres and exhausts.
Stuart said: “The opportunity to take on the garage came up when the guy who used to own it decided he wanted to pack up and I jumped at the chance.
You may also want to watch:
“After I finished my apprenticeship five years ago, I started a mobile mechanic business and I have built it up from there.”
Stuart’s dad Nick used to be a haulier but decided after decades in the business that he would re-train as a mechanic to help his son and is now fully qualified to carry out class four and seven MOTs. The garage even opens from 6-8pm during weekdays for late night MOTs.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 10 Boxer's 163-miles-in-a-month charity run raises £1,600
Despite their familial relationship, Stuart said it is easy working with his dad and brother.
“Especially as I’m the boss!” he said.
For more information, call Winthorpe on 01353 968042 or 07824 667391.