Chettisham garage owner keeps it in the family
- Credit: Archant
A new garage that has opened up in Chettisham is a real family affair.
Winthorpe Vehicle Services was launched by mechanic Stuart Sculthorpe back in September, after building his business up from a mobile service.
And, having taken on a garage, Stuart was quick to enlist the help of his dad, Nick, 56, and brother, Tim, 28.
The trio, who hail from Mepal, are based on the Chettisham Business Park, in Lynn Road, and tackle all manner of repairs, servicing, MOTs, tyres and exhausts.
Stuart said: “The opportunity to take on the garage came up when the guy who used to own it decided he wanted to pack up and I jumped at the chance.
You may also want to watch:
“After I finished my apprenticeship five years ago, I started a mobile mechanic business and I have built it up from there.”
Stuart’s dad Nick used to be a haulier but decided after decades in the business that he would re-train as a mechanic to help his son and is now fully qualified to carry out class four and seven MOTs. The garage even opens from 6-8pm during weekdays for late night MOTs.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
Despite their familial relationship, Stuart said it is easy working with his dad and brother.
“Especially as I’m the boss!” he said.
For more information, call Winthorpe on 01353 968042 or 07824 667391.