Celebration of Business comes to a close at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Ely Cathedral’s week-long Celebration of Business event will come to an end tonight (Thursday) with a key note address from two speakers.
Stephen Green, the former chairman of HSBC, will join Dame Julia Cleverdon to address dozens of business leaders as the business exhibition draws to a close.
The event, back for its fourth year, launched last Friday and has seen hundreds of people pass through the historic venue to view an exhibition of more than 100 businesses and organisations of all sizes, from sole traders through to multi-nationals.
Businesses were also given the chance to network and build connections, with companies including Platinum Properties, Neaves and Neat and the Citizens Advice Bureau joining the Ely Standard.
The chairman of Ely Cathedral Business Group, Tom Green, said: “Too often the church is seen as ‘anti-business’, and indeed we are right to criticise the greed and recklessness which has led to the financial crisis.
You may also want to watch:
“However, good business is the means by which we create wealth and manage sustainable economic growth in our communities, making it possible, in spite of the inevitable peaks and troughs of the economic cycle, to invest more in welfare and public services including health and education.
“It is important that the church, and especially our cathedral engages with this subject which is so much at the centre of our lives.”
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter