Caring in the home
Nightingales Care For many of us, the thought of caring for elderly and sick relatives is a huge concern. People want to retain their independence and stay in their own homes for as long as possible and this is where Nightingales Care, based at Chettisham
For many of us, the thought of caring for elderly and sick relatives is a huge concern. People want to retain their independence and stay in their own homes for as long as possible and this is where Nightingales Care, based at Chettisham, can help.
Owner and proprietor Melanie Goodman says: "We are a small professional care company, my manager Carol Sharpe and I have 18 years of care experience between us. We are registered with the Commission for Social Care Inspections and all our staff are fully-trained, client friendly and police checked."
Nightingales Care can provide help in a client's own homes, this is tailor-made to each person's individual needs. "Some people who find themselves in a position where they need to care are working full-time and it gives them peace of mind if they know that their frail relatives have received a visit during the day to check they have taken their medication, take them to the bathroom or prepare a midday meal."
You may also want to watch:
Visits start from as little as 15 minutes. Nightingales Care undertakes wake-ins, sleep- ins, washing and dressing, housework and domestic chores, shopping and companionship. They will even provide transport to an appointment or social event and wait for the client to bring them home. "We are at the other end of the phone 24 hours a day and can offer short or long term help."
Melanie also explained that problems often occur when a relative is admitted to hospital due to illness or a fall.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
"The patient will not be discharged unless there is someone sleeping in the house.
"For people living a distance away this is sometimes an impossible task, so Nightingales Care will provide respite services."
She said this type of situation can prove extremely stressful for all those involved, but knowing that a small, local care provider who commits themselves to being approachable, friendly and adaptable can be a great comfort.
INFO: Contact Melanie at Nightingale's Care on 01353 666702 or e mail email@example.com and she will arrange a home visit, or you can visit them at Unit1a, Century Park, Lynn Road, Chettisham, Ely CB6 1SA (behind Glovers Garage) parking and wheelchair access available.