Cambridge Commodities ranked top of the county in annual international growth league table
- Credit: Archant
Ely based nutritional ingredient supplier Cambridge Commodities has been ranked at 36 in the sixth annual Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 league table.
With an annual international sales growth over two years of 76%, Cambridge Commodities is also the highest ranked Cambridgeshire-based company in the league. The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 ranks Britain’s mid-market private companies with the fastest growing international sales.
Cambridge Commodities’ managing director, James Stevens commented: “I am so pleased that CCL has entered the International Track 200 league. We’ve worked incredibly hard as a team over the past few years as the business has rapidly grown alongside the sports nutrition market. Having just moved into a brand new building, we are excited at the prospect of entering the next stage of growth and continuing to contribute to the region’s economy.”
Based on Lancaster Way Business Park, Cambridge Commodities has recently moved into the new, purpose-built premises to expand its operations further.
Occupying over 100,000 sq ft, the new building is comprised of offices, warehouse and clean room facilities. The new 80,000 sq ft warehouse is capable of holding over 9,000 pallets, increasing capacity from 2,300 in the previous building.
You may also want to watch:
Supplying ingredients to the sports nutrition, supplement and pet nutrition markets, Cambridge Commodities has experienced rapid growth in recent years, achieving a record turnover of £27 million in 2014.
Operations director, Oliver Stevens said, “The building has been designed to accommodate recent growth and allow for expansion, both in terms of stock holdings and staff as we continue to develop the business.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 10 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
“It’s an exciting time for our industry, with sectors diversifying in line with rising consumer awareness about health and nutrition. These new, innovative spaces are where we see future growth developing.”
The company holds several industry accreditations including Informed-Sport site registration, Soil Association Organic Certificate and is a member of ESSNA (European Specialist Sports Nutrition Alliance). Cambridge Commodities is dedicated to its provision of high quality products and services and continues to work towards further certification, aiming to gain British Retail Consortium (BRC) accreditation within 2015.