Businesses offered bike share scheme in attempt to ‘reduce vehicle movements and encourage healthier working environment’ at Ely business park
- Credit: Archant
Companies based at an Ely business park are being offered a bike share scheme with the aim to “reduce vehicle movements on the park and encourage a healthier working environment”.
All 80 businesses at the Lancaster Way Business Park have been invited to take part and Grovemere Property were one of the first to say yes.
Nicola Tuck, director at Grovemere, said: “Employees on the business park will be able to borrow a bike to travel to work, travel to meetings or go out on their lunch break just to get a bit of exercise.
“We have made efforts to encourage greener travel to the site and we are committed to expanding this policy across our portfolio.”
Ison Distribution has been located on Lancaster way since 2001 and has supplied Grovemere Property with a series of ‘Cambridge Light Blue’ bikes for use on the scheme.
Lloyd Townsend, of Ison Distribution, said: “Our fourth generation family-owned business has been serving cyclists in Cambridge since 1895.
“My great grandfather started by making and selling his own brand of The Light Blue bicycles up until the 1920s.
- 1 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 2 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 3 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 4 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 5 New-look girls' team bolstered on and off the pitch
- 6 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires
- 7 Therapy dogs' ‘meet and greet’ in Ely raises £130 for charity
- 8 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 9 Air cadet Rory given fitting farewell after loyal service
- 10 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
Steven Harvey, associate at Cheffins, lettings agents for the park, said: “The Bike Share Scheme is another of the company’s excellent investment ideas which helps the Park to continue to flourish.”