Businesses gather at Ely Cathedral for annual exhibition
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 organisations from across Ely gathered at the annual Celebration of Business exhibition held at the cathedral.
Exhibitors from a diverse range of business sectors took part in the event which has grown to be one of the biggest in the region.
The evening included a reception and dinner in the cathedral's Lady Chapel raising funds for Ely Foodbank.
Everest summiteer Ricky Munday was also guest speaker to talk about his adventures.
Ricky achieved his lifelong ambition of scaling Mount Everest in May last year.
It was his second attempt after he had to turn back after reaching 7900m of the 8848m mountain in 2017.
Mayor of Ely Mike Rouse said: "We have a really lively business community in and around Ely, bringing employment and revenue into the area.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
Delighted to be able to go to the Cathedral Business Group Dinner last night at the end of a very successful event.
"Inspirational speech from Ricky Munday too."