New business units coming to Burwell
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been approved for business units, access and landscaping on derelict land in Burwell.
The site west of Reach Road was approved for the build at East Cambridgeshire planning committee on April 4.
It comes as two planning applications for gas generators were previously withdrawn.
An archaeological report also said that the site was consistent with the “layout of fields contemporary with the establishment of Burwell Castle” but a condition would be placed on planning consent that any prehistoric and medieval archaeological remains should be investigated and recorded if found.
Burwell Parish Council had no objections to the application.
You may also want to watch:
However, concerns had been raised about the width of the roads leading to the site and potential safety issues by environment officers.
But Highways said just one accident had been recorded near the site in five years, posing no danger to the development.
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 4 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
The plans were submitted in June last year.