New business units coming to Burwell
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been approved for business units, access and landscaping on derelict land in Burwell.
The site west of Reach Road was approved for the build at East Cambridgeshire planning committee on April 4.
It comes as two planning applications for gas generators were previously withdrawn.
An archaeological report also said that the site was consistent with the “layout of fields contemporary with the establishment of Burwell Castle” but a condition would be placed on planning consent that any prehistoric and medieval archaeological remains should be investigated and recorded if found.
Burwell Parish Council had no objections to the application.
You may also want to watch:
However, concerns had been raised about the width of the roads leading to the site and potential safety issues by environment officers.
But Highways said just one accident had been recorded near the site in five years, posing no danger to the development.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 3 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 8 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 9 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
The plans were submitted in June last year.