Business park expansion prompts push for new car park
- Credit: Archant
An increase in the number of people using a business park in Haddenham has led the owners to apply for more car parking space.
Grovemere Property has requested permission from East Cambridgeshire District Council to convert land south of Haddenham Business Park into a car park for 20 vehicles.
At present, Grovemere said there was no parking for employees, who were parking in “an ad-hoc fashion” which , it added, was “becoming increasingly dangerous”.
But a new business moving in to fill one of the empty units on the park prompted Grovemere to seek a long-term solution.
It told the council: “The proposed change of use will provide improved and safer car parking facilities which will help retain existing occupants and attract new businesses to the park in line with the council’s overall aim for growth.”
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 9 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 10 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid