Business park expansion prompts push for new car park
- Credit: Archant
An increase in the number of people using a business park in Haddenham has led the owners to apply for more car parking space.
Grovemere Property has requested permission from East Cambridgeshire District Council to convert land south of Haddenham Business Park into a car park for 20 vehicles.
At present, Grovemere said there was no parking for employees, who were parking in “an ad-hoc fashion” which , it added, was “becoming increasingly dangerous”.
But a new business moving in to fill one of the empty units on the park prompted Grovemere to seek a long-term solution.
It told the council: “The proposed change of use will provide improved and safer car parking facilities which will help retain existing occupants and attract new businesses to the park in line with the council’s overall aim for growth.”
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go