Business park expansion prompts push for new car park
- Credit: Archant
An increase in the number of people using a business park in Haddenham has led the owners to apply for more car parking space.
Grovemere Property has requested permission from East Cambridgeshire District Council to convert land south of Haddenham Business Park into a car park for 20 vehicles.
At present, Grovemere said there was no parking for employees, who were parking in “an ad-hoc fashion” which , it added, was “becoming increasingly dangerous”.
But a new business moving in to fill one of the empty units on the park prompted Grovemere to seek a long-term solution.
It told the council: “The proposed change of use will provide improved and safer car parking facilities which will help retain existing occupants and attract new businesses to the park in line with the council’s overall aim for growth.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 2 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 3 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 4 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 5 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 6 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 7 'She will be sorely missed' - Rev Teresa retires
- 8 Air cadet Rory given fitting farewell after loyal service
- 9 Passenger, Seasick Steve and Suzanne Vega among first acts announced for Cambridge Folk Festival 2022
- 10 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’