Business park expansion prompts push for new car park
- Credit: Archant
An increase in the number of people using a business park in Haddenham has led the owners to apply for more car parking space.
Grovemere Property has requested permission from East Cambridgeshire District Council to convert land south of Haddenham Business Park into a car park for 20 vehicles.
At present, Grovemere said there was no parking for employees, who were parking in “an ad-hoc fashion” which , it added, was “becoming increasingly dangerous”.
But a new business moving in to fill one of the empty units on the park prompted Grovemere to seek a long-term solution.
It told the council: “The proposed change of use will provide improved and safer car parking facilities which will help retain existing occupants and attract new businesses to the park in line with the council’s overall aim for growth.”
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air