Business park cncerns discussed
PLANS t create a new business park at Angel Drve were discussed at a meeting in Ely last Wednesday. Cuncillr Bill Hunt expressed cncern that a Highways Agency reprt int the traffic impact n Angel Drve had yet t be received and the planned park
PLANS t create a new business park at Angel Drve were discussed at a meeting in Ely last Wednesday.
Cuncillr Bill Hunt expressed cncern that a Highways Agency reprt int the traffic impact n Angel Drve had yet t be received and the planned park fell n the preferred rute fr a suthern bypass.
A number f cuncillrs als raised cncerns abut the level f warehusing n the site, and have asked East Cambridgeshire's develpment directr David Archer t negtiate fr less strage and distributin space. The warehuses will be tw streys high and will nt damage views int Ely frm the railway line, fficers insisted.
Head f Planning, Giles Hughes, said: "One f the things that wrried the business cmmunity arund Ely was the lack f a business htel."
Garth Hanln, acting n behalf f the applicant Heald Estates, said the business park was a "significant catalyst" fr the Ely Masterplan, and that attracting emplyers t the park "cntinues apace." The site is expected t bring in apprximately 1,700 jbs and a pub with htel will frm the centrepiece f the area.
After further negtiatins, the plans will cme back t the planning cmmittee fr a final decisin.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 4 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months