Business park cncerns discussed
PLANS t create a new business park at Angel Drve were discussed at a meeting in Ely last Wednesday. Cuncillr Bill Hunt expressed cncern that a Highways Agency reprt int the traffic impact n Angel Drve had yet t be received and the planned park
PLANS t create a new business park at Angel Drve were discussed at a meeting in Ely last Wednesday.
Cuncillr Bill Hunt expressed cncern that a Highways Agency reprt int the traffic impact n Angel Drve had yet t be received and the planned park fell n the preferred rute fr a suthern bypass.
A number f cuncillrs als raised cncerns abut the level f warehusing n the site, and have asked East Cambridgeshire's develpment directr David Archer t negtiate fr less strage and distributin space. The warehuses will be tw streys high and will nt damage views int Ely frm the railway line, fficers insisted.
Head f Planning, Giles Hughes, said: "One f the things that wrried the business cmmunity arund Ely was the lack f a business htel."
You may also want to watch:
Garth Hanln, acting n behalf f the applicant Heald Estates, said the business park was a "significant catalyst" fr the Ely Masterplan, and that attracting emplyers t the park "cntinues apace." The site is expected t bring in apprximately 1,700 jbs and a pub with htel will frm the centrepiece f the area.
After further negtiatins, the plans will cme back t the planning cmmittee fr a final decisin.
- 1 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 2 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 3 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 7 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors