Business mums network is re launched in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A national social enterprise group that helps mums in business has re launched in Ely.
Jen Pickering said: “We had a fantastic re-launch of the Ely Bizmums meetings.”
She first attended the meeting a year ago as a new mum, thinking about going into business.
She said she wanted to relaunch the meetings: “To help other mums and ladies in similar circumstances as it has helped me so much.
“Due to unexpected family medical issues meaning I had to leave my nursing career, and having just launched my own business ‘Sugar and Nice’ in April this year with the ongoing support from the Bizmums national community, I was keen to get Bizmums back into Ely.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a fantastic turnout and are very excited for the growth of this group.
“We would love to share with people who can benefit from the same support I have.”
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
A total of 21 new ladies from Ely joined the group.
She added: “Ely certainly is hungry for business opportunities and it was amazing to see everyone and hear of such talented women doing business in a variety of ways.”
• The next child friendly meeting is on June 8 at The Grand Central Bar.
• Speaker will be Andrew Manig of Manig Business advice and training, who specialises in helping new businesses to start with advice, support, guidance and training.
• First meeting is free, after that it’s £6 per meeting if you pre-book. Or join the BIZMUMS national network for £12 a month and enjoy access to all meetings across the UK throughout the month.
• Newmarket: first Monday of the month at the Community Room inside Tesco.
• Ely: second Thursday of the month at Grand Central Bar, Riverside.