Business mums network is re launched in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A national social enterprise group that helps mums in business has re launched in Ely.
Jen Pickering said: “We had a fantastic re-launch of the Ely Bizmums meetings.”
She first attended the meeting a year ago as a new mum, thinking about going into business.
She said she wanted to relaunch the meetings: “To help other mums and ladies in similar circumstances as it has helped me so much.
“Due to unexpected family medical issues meaning I had to leave my nursing career, and having just launched my own business ‘Sugar and Nice’ in April this year with the ongoing support from the Bizmums national community, I was keen to get Bizmums back into Ely.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a fantastic turnout and are very excited for the growth of this group.
“We would love to share with people who can benefit from the same support I have.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
A total of 21 new ladies from Ely joined the group.
She added: “Ely certainly is hungry for business opportunities and it was amazing to see everyone and hear of such talented women doing business in a variety of ways.”
• The next child friendly meeting is on June 8 at The Grand Central Bar.
• Speaker will be Andrew Manig of Manig Business advice and training, who specialises in helping new businesses to start with advice, support, guidance and training.
• First meeting is free, after that it’s £6 per meeting if you pre-book. Or join the BIZMUMS national network for £12 a month and enjoy access to all meetings across the UK throughout the month.
• Newmarket: first Monday of the month at the Community Room inside Tesco.
• Ely: second Thursday of the month at Grand Central Bar, Riverside.