Business mentoring scheme celebrates successful first year
- Credit: Archant
Students involved in the Ely Business Mentoring Scheme celebrated a successful first year at Ely Sixth Form on Wednesday.
The partnership between members of the Cathedral Business Group, Ely Chamber of Commerce and Ely College Sixth Form has resulted in 12 students being mentored by local businesses.
The students have received support from their mentors individually and regularly. Areas covered include CV writing, time management, organisational skills, advice on part-time work and revision. All the students have received a mock interview undertaken by a mentor other than their own.
Cllr Lis Every, the mayor of Ely, who manages the scheme, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for the students to meet local business people who are willing to give their time to work with them as they move towards their adult life.
“We have been delighted with how successful it has been and are hoping to add a further 25 mentors next year to give more students this experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We would love people to come forward if they would like to part of the scheme.”
If you are interested in being part of the scheme, contact Lis on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01353 665815.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 6 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 7 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy