Business mentoring scheme celebrates successful first year
- Credit: Archant
Students involved in the Ely Business Mentoring Scheme celebrated a successful first year at Ely Sixth Form on Wednesday.
The partnership between members of the Cathedral Business Group, Ely Chamber of Commerce and Ely College Sixth Form has resulted in 12 students being mentored by local businesses.
The students have received support from their mentors individually and regularly. Areas covered include CV writing, time management, organisational skills, advice on part-time work and revision. All the students have received a mock interview undertaken by a mentor other than their own.
Cllr Lis Every, the mayor of Ely, who manages the scheme, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for the students to meet local business people who are willing to give their time to work with them as they move towards their adult life.
“We have been delighted with how successful it has been and are hoping to add a further 25 mentors next year to give more students this experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We would love people to come forward if they would like to part of the scheme.”
If you are interested in being part of the scheme, contact Lis on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01353 665815.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out