BUSINESS AWARDS: Commercial Business Person of the Year will praise individuals’ contribution to success
- Credit: Archant
THE owners, managers and employees who have made an outstanding contribution to success or survival will be recognised at the Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards.
Individuals may nominate themselves or be nominated by their employers or colleagues for the Commercial Business Person of the Year Award, a category which is sponsored by Cheffins.
In particular, the judges will want to know:
• Details about the organisation, its activities, marketplace and scale of operations,
• Brief details of nominee’s career path to date and future aspirations, and
• The entrant’s outstanding contributions to the organisation’s success or survival.
Last year’s winner was Michael van der Merwe, associate director of business development at Quotient Bioresearch based near Fordham.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 6 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 7 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 8 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 9 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 10 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
He won numerous new clients, but his key success came from team-working and a keen focus on long-term relationship building.
He developed the relationship with the company’s largest client, which started in 2004 with modest initial contracts.
The judges said: “Michael combined technical knowledge with financial acumen and business flair to produce a radical improvement in an already flourishing business.
“The process and approach he has developed has very favourable implications for the business outside his present area of responsibility.
“A deserving winner from a field of very strong candidates.”
It is the fifth year of the Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards, run in association with N&C Glass, and we are looking to build further on their massive success.
This year we have 11 awards up for grabs, all of which are listed on the awards website, www.elybusinessawards.co.uk
Ten of the categories, including the Commercial Business Person of the Year Award, are now open for entries.
Closing date for entries is July 26.
For more information on each award and to enter visit www.elybusinessawards.co.uk