Brothers attend grand opening of new hair salon in their former Littleport home
- Credit: Archant
Ness & Ems Unisex Hair & Beauty Salon opened its doors for the first time on Tuesday in Granby Street, Littleport.
The completely revamped premises, for the last few years an angling requisites cum pet shop, now has a luxurious interior worthy of a Mayfair hairdressers and beauty salon.
Originally it was home to the famous Colebys.
Sid and Margaret turned their massive 16-room family home into a barber’s and tobacconist’s. The name over the entrance to the shop was ASG Coleby & Son. And wanting to be part of such a historic occasion, as its virtual reopening, the Coleby brothers Jake and Harry turned up to lend their support to the new proprietors, Vanessa Vince and her daughters, Lisa and Emma.
“They have done such a good job in here, and it is great that they have retained the business our parents once had,” said a rather overwhelmed 70 year old Harry Coleby, who flatly refused to have one of those personal hair removing treatments that the salon was offering on the day.
Vanessa Vince felt it was the right time to move on from their old premises in Globe Lane they’d worked in for 14 years.
On the day they opened the state of the art premises, a delighted Vanessa told the Ely Standard, “We like to think that we provide a different experience from any other hairdressers with the various beauty treatments we have on offer. We know that our clients will leave feeling good and that not only will our old customers continue to come to us but we look forward to welcoming new ones too.”
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Pedestrian killed crossing road