Brewer seeking new licensee for city pub
- Credit: Archant
A new licensee is being sought to run a pub in Ely.
The Charles Wells Pub Company is on the lookout for applicants to take on the High Flyer, in Newnham Street, which has a bar, 64-cover restaurant and six bedrooms to let.
Charles Wells applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council in October for permission to build a new play area, which was subsequently granted by the authority earlier this year.
Charles Wells purchased the pub in 2009 before leasing the property to the Orchid Pub Group, which later entered administration.
A spokesman for Charles Wells said: “There is clear scope to develop the food sales at this business, although it is also important to nurture and further develop the healthy bar trade.
“This represents a great opportunity for someone with significant catering skills and experience operating letting bedrooms.
“Due to the healthy local wet trade an operator with the capability of creating a great atmosphere and the ability to integrate into the local community is sought.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 9 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 10 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
For more information, visit www.charleswellspubs.co.uk