Brewer seeking new licensee for city pub
- Credit: Archant
A new licensee is being sought to run a pub in Ely.
The Charles Wells Pub Company is on the lookout for applicants to take on the High Flyer, in Newnham Street, which has a bar, 64-cover restaurant and six bedrooms to let.
Charles Wells applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council in October for permission to build a new play area, which was subsequently granted by the authority earlier this year.
Charles Wells purchased the pub in 2009 before leasing the property to the Orchid Pub Group, which later entered administration.
A spokesman for Charles Wells said: “There is clear scope to develop the food sales at this business, although it is also important to nurture and further develop the healthy bar trade.
You may also want to watch:
“This represents a great opportunity for someone with significant catering skills and experience operating letting bedrooms.
“Due to the healthy local wet trade an operator with the capability of creating a great atmosphere and the ability to integrate into the local community is sought.”
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
For more information, visit www.charleswellspubs.co.uk