Brewer seeking new licensee for city pub
- Credit: Archant
A new licensee is being sought to run a pub in Ely.
The Charles Wells Pub Company is on the lookout for applicants to take on the High Flyer, in Newnham Street, which has a bar, 64-cover restaurant and six bedrooms to let.
Charles Wells applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council in October for permission to build a new play area, which was subsequently granted by the authority earlier this year.
Charles Wells purchased the pub in 2009 before leasing the property to the Orchid Pub Group, which later entered administration.
A spokesman for Charles Wells said: “There is clear scope to develop the food sales at this business, although it is also important to nurture and further develop the healthy bar trade.
You may also want to watch:
“This represents a great opportunity for someone with significant catering skills and experience operating letting bedrooms.
“Due to the healthy local wet trade an operator with the capability of creating a great atmosphere and the ability to integrate into the local community is sought.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 7 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
For more information, visit www.charleswellspubs.co.uk