Brewer seeking new licensee for city pub
- Credit: Archant
A new licensee is being sought to run a pub in Ely.
The Charles Wells Pub Company is on the lookout for applicants to take on the High Flyer, in Newnham Street, which has a bar, 64-cover restaurant and six bedrooms to let.
Charles Wells applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council in October for permission to build a new play area, which was subsequently granted by the authority earlier this year.
Charles Wells purchased the pub in 2009 before leasing the property to the Orchid Pub Group, which later entered administration.
A spokesman for Charles Wells said: “There is clear scope to develop the food sales at this business, although it is also important to nurture and further develop the healthy bar trade.
You may also want to watch:
“This represents a great opportunity for someone with significant catering skills and experience operating letting bedrooms.
“Due to the healthy local wet trade an operator with the capability of creating a great atmosphere and the ability to integrate into the local community is sought.”
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
For more information, visit www.charleswellspubs.co.uk