Brewer seeking new licensee for city pub
- Credit: Archant
A new licensee is being sought to run a pub in Ely.
The Charles Wells Pub Company is on the lookout for applicants to take on the High Flyer, in Newnham Street, which has a bar, 64-cover restaurant and six bedrooms to let.
Charles Wells applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council in October for permission to build a new play area, which was subsequently granted by the authority earlier this year.
Charles Wells purchased the pub in 2009 before leasing the property to the Orchid Pub Group, which later entered administration.
A spokesman for Charles Wells said: “There is clear scope to develop the food sales at this business, although it is also important to nurture and further develop the healthy bar trade.
“This represents a great opportunity for someone with significant catering skills and experience operating letting bedrooms.
“Due to the healthy local wet trade an operator with the capability of creating a great atmosphere and the ability to integrate into the local community is sought.”
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 ‘Successful’ sixth form open evening as more courses launch
- 10 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
For more information, visit www.charleswellspubs.co.uk