Boss of Grey’s of Ely is declared UK Coach Driver of the Year
THE MANAGING director of a Witchford based coach company has been honoured with the title of UK Coach Driver of the Year.
Richard Grey – who heads up the family-run Grey’s of Ely - won the honoured title at the 58th Annual UK Coach Rally.
When presenting the trophy, Peter Hendy, London’s Traffic Commissioner, told Richard: “This award makes you the best coach driver in the whole of the UK, which is a very high accolade, given the standard of operators present. Some of the biggest names in the coach industry are inscribed on the trophy”.
A delighted Richard said: “It is a real honour for Grey’s of Ely to be awarded this trophy. This award is a true reflection of the high standards we set throughout the business, striving to supply modern luxury coaches, cleaned and serviced, to the highest standards to ensure we exceed our customers’ expectations.’
This is the latest in a number of accolades won by Grey’s. Last year Grey’s received awards in the East Cambridgeshire Business Awards and the Google Best of British Website for the
You may also want to watch:
Transport category. More recently, Grey’s of Ely have been nominated as a potential finalist for the 2012 Route 1 Operator Excellence Awards and were awarded a ‘Highly Recommended’ for 2012 Best Website from the UK Coach Tourism Awards.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 3 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face