Beverly inspired to take on new career in hypnotherapy
- Credit: Archant
A former funeral director says her passion for helping people inspired her to take on a new career in hypnotherapy.
Beverly Day worked for the family business, Ely Funeral Service, for 24 years before deciding in late 2013 that the time was right for a change.
She heard an advert on the radio for a hypnotherapy course and was persuaded to give it a try.
Nine months later, and with hours of lessons, essays and exams behind her, Mrs Day, 50, officially qualified as a hypnotherapist and launched her new venture, Beverly Day Hypnotherapy.
The mother-of-two said said: “My work as a funeral director involved helping and communicating with people at a very sensitive time in their lives and I found huge job satisfaction doing this.
You may also want to watch:
“So I knew I wanted to do something involving people and helping them. Having not written any essays or sat through lessons for 20 years, I thought the hypnotherapy course was going to be hard work but I really enjoyed it. It took several months of practice but when it started to work it was a great feeling.
“Now, the job satisfaction is amazing, especially when people come up to you and say that it is working.”
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
Mrs Day said she has helped several clients to quit smoking and has also helped with weight loss.
Mrs Day is offering 25 per cent discount on bookings made before February 28. For more information, call 07933 191300 or e-mail email@example.com