Best and brightest honoured at Ely Standard Business Awards
The district’s premier business event returned for its third year
EAST Cambridgeshire’s best in business gathered in the stunning surroundings of Ely Cathedral on Friday evening for the 2011 Ely Standard Business Awards.
Back for their third year, the awards saw representatives from top businesses across the district, business leaders and civil dignitaries come together to celebrate the last 12 months.
Among the winners on the night were haulage managers, drugs companies and transport firms, with dozens more individuals and businesses also honoured for their achievements.
Debbie Davies, editor of the Ely Standard, said: “It was encouraging to see the amount of businesses that took the time to enter our awards this year.
“Not only are the awards an opportunity for companies to enhance their profile locally to a much wider audience within East Cambridgeshire, but it is also an opportunity for a company to raise its internal profile by sending out a very positive message to the workforce.
“2011 has not been without its challenges, but all the business representatives at the awards provided testimony to the collective business strength that exists in East Cambridgeshire.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 3 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 4 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 8 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
For a full roundup of the awards and exclusive pictures, pick up a copy of Thursday’s Ely Standard.
Winners and finalists:
Employer of the Year, sponsored by East Cambridgeshire District Council.
Winner: Quotient Bioresearch
Finalists: Neaves and Neat Employment Services, Blue Donkey Ltd
Medium Business of the Year, sponsored by Archer and Archer Solicitors
Winner: Grey’s of Ely
Finalists: Scampers Pet Care Advisors
Forces Recruitment Franchise Services
Blue Donkey Ltd
Small Business of the Year, sponsored by Advanced Aircraft Training Ltd
Winner: The Copier Warehouse
Finalists: Ancient Magik
The Retreat Soham
Business Person of the Year, sponsored by Cheffins
Winner: Graham Brown, Forces Recruitment Franchise Services
Finalists: Luthur Rahman, Spice Lounge
Debra Jordan, The Copier Warehouse
Sandra Schumacher, Chic Face & Body Clinic
New Business of the Year, sponsored by Eazipay
Winner: Emerald Frog Marketing
Finalists: The Retreat Soham
Women in Business, sponsored by the Ely Standard
Winner: Alison Jefferey, Malco Freight
Finalists: Jo Evans, Emerald Frog Marketing
Sureya Landini, Blue Donkey Ltd
Customer Service Award, sponsored by Quotient Bioresearch
Winner: Neaves and Neat Employment Services
Finalists: Energie Fitness for Women in Ely
Chic Face & Body Clinic
Winner: The Retreat Soham
Business of the Year, sponsored by Price Bailey Chartered Accountants
Winner: Quotient Bioresearch