Bake Off winner to open ‘pop up’ shop in Ely
- Credit: Archant
The winner of the first ever Cambridge Bake Off, Fiona McDuff, is opening her very own ‘pop up’ shop in Ely in the run up to Christmas.
Fiona, who lives in the city, is aiming to bring a slice of Paris with her award-winning pâtisserie to Spa Ely, in Fore Hill, on December 6 and 7.
In April this year, Ely businesswoman Caroline Bailey launched YourEly with the vision of bringing Ely community and businesses together.
The online and social media sites now have a following of 3,500 community members.
One of the priorities for Caroline was to pursue a pop up retail space in Ely for start-up businesses that were not able to commit to long-term leases and huge start-up costs.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline said: “The recession has been tough for many businesses including those on the High Street. I believe strongly in a pro-active attitude to promote business. I am thrilled to have had the opportunity to support and mentor Fiona and create the first YourEly retail ‘pop up’.”
Fiona has been creating celebration cakes and delectable desserts for the past five years and this summer was crowned winner of the first Cambridge Bake Off, a countywide competition.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 5 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 6 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 7 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 10 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
Fiona, who has lived in Ely for nearly three years, has combined working as a cancer research scientist at the University of Cambridge with her passion for developing intricate and delicious French-inspired pâtisserie.
For more details phone: 01353 664662.