Back Ely’s independent traders at special showcase event
- Credit: Archant
Independent traders from across Ely will help showcase the best of their business at a special Independents Day event in July.
The event, taking place on July 4, is part of a national campaign that promotes and celebrates independent businesses across the UK.
It will be the third consecutive year that Ely Chamber of Commerce has organised the annual event that raises awareness of independent businesses, many of which are hidden away in Ely’s side streets.
John Bridge, chief executive of Cambridgeshire Chambers of Commerce, said:
“This event is an ideal opportunity to promote the variety and vibrancy of the independent sector in Ely. It is always well-supported and forms a unique opportunity for some of the city’s lesser-known businesses to raise brand awareness across the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
Yarn on the Square, in Market Place, always takes advantage of the opportunity at the event to display packs of yarn and knitted items, while promoting their workshops and seasonal events and directing passers-by towards their store.
Ginette Heard, co-owner of Yarn on the Square, said: “We are a niche shop selling niche products, so it’s great to come across new people and show them things they were not necessarily aware of. We can raise our profile and direct anyone who’s interested towards our shop on the square.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
“We also find it a great way to find out about other independent businesses that we are not already aware of and to help people see what Ely is all about.”
For more information about Independents Day, call Karen Dawson on 01223 237414 or e-mail email@example.com