Award-winning micro pub put on the market
- Credit: Archant
A popular micro-pub in Ely has been put up for sale.
The Liberty Belle, in Fore Hill, was opened in 2013 as a pub for the “discerning drinker” and quickly attracted a popular following.
Last year, the pub was awarded the Campaign for Real Ale’s Pub of the Year Award in recognition of its selection of local ales and ciders.
But owner Martin McKeever is planning on moving to Scotland and has put the establishment on the market.
The leasehold asking price has been set at £40,000.
You may also want to watch:
Up for sale online, the business is descried as being: “Renowned for its selection of local East Anglian craft ales and ciders together with Ely gin, selected wines and soft drinks and in common with other micro pubs Liberty Belle does not sell lagers and is famous for being mobile phone free.
“Ales ordered at the bar are brought directly from the barrel, pump free, and delivered to your table. Cask conditioned ales are stored in the temperature controlled adjoining tap room.”
- 1 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Rainbow house brightens up lockdown
- 5 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 6 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 7 Open-air museum due to reopen as lockdown eases
- 8 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
For more information, visit uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/