Award-winning micro pub put on the market
- Credit: Archant
A popular micro-pub in Ely has been put up for sale.
The Liberty Belle, in Fore Hill, was opened in 2013 as a pub for the “discerning drinker” and quickly attracted a popular following.
Last year, the pub was awarded the Campaign for Real Ale’s Pub of the Year Award in recognition of its selection of local ales and ciders.
But owner Martin McKeever is planning on moving to Scotland and has put the establishment on the market.
The leasehold asking price has been set at £40,000.
You may also want to watch:
Up for sale online, the business is descried as being: “Renowned for its selection of local East Anglian craft ales and ciders together with Ely gin, selected wines and soft drinks and in common with other micro pubs Liberty Belle does not sell lagers and is famous for being mobile phone free.
“Ales ordered at the bar are brought directly from the barrel, pump free, and delivered to your table. Cask conditioned ales are stored in the temperature controlled adjoining tap room.”
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
For more information, visit uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/