Award-winning micro pub put on the market
- Credit: Archant
A popular micro-pub in Ely has been put up for sale.
The Liberty Belle, in Fore Hill, was opened in 2013 as a pub for the “discerning drinker” and quickly attracted a popular following.
Last year, the pub was awarded the Campaign for Real Ale’s Pub of the Year Award in recognition of its selection of local ales and ciders.
But owner Martin McKeever is planning on moving to Scotland and has put the establishment on the market.
The leasehold asking price has been set at £40,000.
Up for sale online, the business is descried as being: “Renowned for its selection of local East Anglian craft ales and ciders together with Ely gin, selected wines and soft drinks and in common with other micro pubs Liberty Belle does not sell lagers and is famous for being mobile phone free.
“Ales ordered at the bar are brought directly from the barrel, pump free, and delivered to your table. Cask conditioned ales are stored in the temperature controlled adjoining tap room.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
For more information, visit uk.businessesforsale.com/uk/