High Street, Ely, wine store will close in the New Year as owners return to Australia - but they’re holding a closing down sale from next week
- Credit: Archant
Ely High Street wine merchants Anglia Wines will close in the New Year as the shop’s owners return home to Australia.
The shop, which specialises in fine wine, spirits, beer and cigars from across the globe, has been open since 2010. Owners Kate and Matthew Street took over in 2014 and hosted a farewell party for long standing loyal customers to make the announcement, ahead of their closing down sale starting later this month.
Gary Griffiths, Master Sommelier and loyal customer is sorry to see Anglia Wines close.
“To find someone like Matthew Street, with his in- depth knowledge and expertise in wine is so refreshing,” he said.
“He is always pleased to help and guide customers. I shall personally miss Matt and Kate and that expertise will be a loss to the High Street”.
Kate Street said: “Matthew and I have thoroughly enjoyed our time in Ely and will be very sad to leave our friends and customers behind as we return home to spend more time with family.
“We’d like to thank everyone for their custom over the years and encourage people to continue to use the local High Street and support their local businesses.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
“It’s not all bad news though from us; we’ll be holding a significantly discounted closing down sale, as all stock must go. We look forward to having the opportunity to say farewell and thank you to customers in person around the festive season.”
Anglia Wines sale starts on Wednesday December 12 to the Christmas/New Year period.
For more information follow the Anglia Wines Facebook page or visit www.angliawines.com