All spiced up
Spice City Shair Choudhury, owner of Spice City on Fore Hill in Ely, opened his restaurant in 1999. He came to Ely in 1980 to work in another Indian restaurant where he gained valuable experience before opening Spice City. He recently decided to complete
Shair Choudhury, owner of Spice City on Fore Hill in Ely, opened his restaurant in 1999.
He came to Ely in 1980 to work in another Indian restaurant where he gained valuable experience before opening Spice City. He recently decided to completely refurbish the restaurant and from the beginning of this month introduced a grand buffet for diners with more than 20 items to choose from.
Mr Choudhury said: "The Indian buffet, which has just opened at Spice City is probably the first one of its kind in Cambridgeshire."
You may also want to watch:
Customers can select whatever they like and eat as much as they want.
People seem to be enjoying the new serving and Mr Choudhury says customers are enjoying the chance to choose new things they might not have tried before.
- 1 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 2 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 3 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 7 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
The buffet is ideal for families with the prices for adults at £10.90, from Sunday till Thursday and £11.90, from Friday till Saturday, children pay £5.90. The restaurant is open from 5.30pm-11pm Sunday till Thursday and 5.30pm-11.30pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Spice City still offers people the chance to have an A La Carte meal and has a separate seating area for these customers. Mr Choudhury has also produced a new take-away menu and people can have this delivered free to their front doors if they live within a 3-mile radius and their order is over £15. Watch out for their special offers as well.
So why not pay a trip to Spice City and take advantage of delicious food prepared and served by the friendly staff in the newly refurbished non-smoking restaurant at 30 Fore Hill in Ely.
30 Fore Hill, Ely, Cambs
Telephone 01353 669902/ 669914.