Advice team is on hand to help you
Care and Repair East Cambridgeshire Ltd 11b Churchgate Street, Soham, CB7 5DS, 01353 723777. www.careandrepair-ecambs.co.uk Care and Repair is an independent and non-profit-making charity that covers East Cambridgeshire. It has been established for more
Care and Repair
East Cambridgeshire Ltd
11b Churchgate Street,
Soham, CB7 5DS, 01353 723777.
You may also want to watch:
Care and Repair is an independent and non-profit-making charity that covers East Cambridgeshire.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 3 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 6 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 7 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 10 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
It has been established for more than 10 years and funded by local and national charities and organisations. It arrranges repairs, adaptations and improvements in the homes of the elderly, disabled and those on low incomes.
Last year, Care and Repair received more than 900 inquiries, 60 per cent of which were from individuals and the rest from health care professionals.
There are six people working in the office waiting to help. Some of those who call need advice on which contractors to contact if their homes need adapting in some way. Care and Repair can offer advice on what equipment is available for an individual's specific needs. It can also draw up plans, obtain planning permission and contact specialist contractors and even organise the building work. There is no charge for advice, and charges for other services are agreed with the client before hand.
For those who are unable to pay, Care and Repair give help and support in grant applications, loans and they will also advise on charities who can help pay for the work. Advice is given over the phone or Care and Repair will visit you in your own home, providing a confidential service.
Those who are unable to do even the smallest jobs around the home will be interested to know that Care and Repair provide a handyperson service.
Manager Yvonne Thresh said: "It is difficult to get contractors to do small jobs like a leaking tap, or small carpentry jobs. and many people feel vulnerable letting contractors into their homes.
"The handyperson service is arranged by Care and Repair and carried out by someone the client knows is trustworthy.