Advice team is on hand to help you
Care and Repair East Cambridgeshire Ltd 11b Churchgate Street, Soham, CB7 5DS, 01353 723777. www.careandrepair-ecambs.co.uk Care and Repair is an independent and non-profit-making charity that covers East Cambridgeshire. It has been established for more
Care and Repair
East Cambridgeshire Ltd
11b Churchgate Street,
Soham, CB7 5DS, 01353 723777.
You may also want to watch:
Care and Repair is an independent and non-profit-making charity that covers East Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 6 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 7 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 10 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
It has been established for more than 10 years and funded by local and national charities and organisations. It arrranges repairs, adaptations and improvements in the homes of the elderly, disabled and those on low incomes.
Last year, Care and Repair received more than 900 inquiries, 60 per cent of which were from individuals and the rest from health care professionals.
There are six people working in the office waiting to help. Some of those who call need advice on which contractors to contact if their homes need adapting in some way. Care and Repair can offer advice on what equipment is available for an individual's specific needs. It can also draw up plans, obtain planning permission and contact specialist contractors and even organise the building work. There is no charge for advice, and charges for other services are agreed with the client before hand.
For those who are unable to pay, Care and Repair give help and support in grant applications, loans and they will also advise on charities who can help pay for the work. Advice is given over the phone or Care and Repair will visit you in your own home, providing a confidential service.
Those who are unable to do even the smallest jobs around the home will be interested to know that Care and Repair provide a handyperson service.
Manager Yvonne Thresh said: "It is difficult to get contractors to do small jobs like a leaking tap, or small carpentry jobs. and many people feel vulnerable letting contractors into their homes.
"The handyperson service is arranged by Care and Repair and carried out by someone the client knows is trustworthy.