Accountants Warn Of Business Fines For Late Returns
PRICE Bailey Chartered Accountants is warning that small businesses risk fines if they fail to submit their Employer Annual Returns electronically this year. Helen Kenney, Manager of Price Bailey s Employer Consulting Team, said: All firms must file the
PRICE Bailey Chartered Accountants is warning that small businesses risk fines if they fail to submit their Employer Annual Returns electronically this year.
Helen Kenney, Manager of Price Bailey's Employer Consulting Team, said: "All firms must file their 2009/10 end of year forms P35 and P14 online by 19 May 2010 or face a potential penalty. Firms with more than 50 employees have had to file online since 2006.
Helen added: "Businesses with fewer than five employees will not receive a fine this year if they don't fall in line, while there is also an exception for religious groups whose beliefs are incompatible with electronic communications".
Business groups have criticised the department's stance, as some smaller firms may not have enough IT expertise to file these details online.
You may also want to watch:
Price Bailey has a wealth of experience helping businesses in this way. Their Employer Consulting team combines high level employer tax advice with up-to-date guidance on employee legislation - offering businesses all the support they should need as an employer. For a FREE copy of Price Bailey's Pay Times newsletter, which helps keep employers updated with the latest legislative changes, payroll and HR procedures, or to discuss any employer related issues, please contact Helen Kenney on 0800 434 6460 or email Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 2 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 3 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 7 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 8 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 9 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 10 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her