A way of life
THE Atrium Club, 39 Newnham Street, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4PQ, 01353 668888. www.atriumclub.com Opening hours: Monday - Friday 6.30am-10pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-5pm. WHILE many of us will be indulging during the festive period it is perhaps a good
THE Atrium Club, 39 Newnham Street, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4PQ, 01353 668888. www.atriumclub.com
Opening hours: Monday - Friday 6.30am-10pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-5pm.
WHILE many of us will be indulging during the festive period it is perhaps a good time to, at least, think about doing something about our health and fitness. The Atrium Club has a relaxing and friendly atmosphere in which to do just that.
The club currently has a special offer on life-time memberships where two people can join up for the price of one, as well as various discounts for those wishing to join up on their own. By taking up the special offer, which runs until the end of January, you will receive free access to a health check from a qualified fitness instructor, a full fitness programme to suit your personal requirements, and a healthy eating plan. There will be the option to pay for regular one-to-one personal fitness training sessions and/or swimming sessions.
General manager Steve Bradley said: "It's a new thing for us to use personal fitness trainers and a swimming instructor and we've had great feedback. They have helped people to stay motivated, develop confidence and achieve fantastic results; for some people it's been life-changing."
The club has a spacious gymnasium and a swimming pool area, which features a jacuzzi, a Turkish steam room, and a sauna.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
There is also a hairdresser and beauty therapist, sun-beds, a crèche and a Power-Plate machine, particularly effective in helping people recover from injuries.
Various classes are available, which range from an intense work-out in the boxercise or something more relaxing like yoga.
Mr Bradley said: "The Atrium Club is not just about fitness, it's a way of life. It is a place where people of all ages can relax and socialise in pleasant