A way of life
THE Atrium Club, 39 Newnham Street, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4PQ, 01353 668888. www.atriumclub.com Opening hours: Monday - Friday 6.30am-10pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-5pm. WHILE many of us will be indulging during the festive period it is perhaps a good
THE Atrium Club, 39 Newnham Street, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 4PQ, 01353 668888. www.atriumclub.com
Opening hours: Monday - Friday 6.30am-10pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am-5pm.
WHILE many of us will be indulging during the festive period it is perhaps a good time to, at least, think about doing something about our health and fitness. The Atrium Club has a relaxing and friendly atmosphere in which to do just that.
The club currently has a special offer on life-time memberships where two people can join up for the price of one, as well as various discounts for those wishing to join up on their own. By taking up the special offer, which runs until the end of January, you will receive free access to a health check from a qualified fitness instructor, a full fitness programme to suit your personal requirements, and a healthy eating plan. There will be the option to pay for regular one-to-one personal fitness training sessions and/or swimming sessions.
You may also want to watch:
General manager Steve Bradley said: "It's a new thing for us to use personal fitness trainers and a swimming instructor and we've had great feedback. They have helped people to stay motivated, develop confidence and achieve fantastic results; for some people it's been life-changing."
The club has a spacious gymnasium and a swimming pool area, which features a jacuzzi, a Turkish steam room, and a sauna.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
There is also a hairdresser and beauty therapist, sun-beds, a crèche and a Power-Plate machine, particularly effective in helping people recover from injuries.
Various classes are available, which range from an intense work-out in the boxercise or something more relaxing like yoga.
Mr Bradley said: "The Atrium Club is not just about fitness, it's a way of life. It is a place where people of all ages can relax and socialise in pleasant