A lizard is not just for Christmas...
Camzoo Reptiles Unit2d Saxon Business Park, A10 Bypass, Littleport. CAN you picture yourself as the proud owner of an Indonesian blue-tongued skink? If so, then help is at hand at Camzoo Reptiles, a specialist supplier of reptiles, reptile food and e
Saxon Business Park,
You may also want to watch:
CAN you picture yourself as the proud owner of an Indonesian blue-tongued skink?
- 1 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Rainbow house brightens up lockdown
- 5 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 6 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 7 Open-air museum due to reopen as lockdown eases
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 10 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
If so, then help is at hand at Camzoo Reptiles, a specialist supplier of reptiles, reptile food and equipment.
Nick who runs the business with his family, says reptiles are becoming increasingly popular as pets.
"People have very busy lifestyles and don't have time to look after a more conventional pet," he said.
"A lot of the reptiles we sell are as easy to keep as a hamster as long as you set it up right in the first place."
It is this concern for the well-being of the pet that characterises Nick's approach to the business - he spent more than 20 years as a reptile wholesaler before he became frustrated with the poor advice being given out by retailers.
"There is so much bad advice about how to look after these creatures and a lot of places don't realise that every species is different and has its own requirements.
"It's very satisfying for me to be dealing directly with the public and it's great to give people the most suitable equipment and advice."
There are currently 1,800 reptiles at Camzoo, all of which are monitored with a sophisticated system that maintains light and temperature to suit each animal's needs.
In just eight months, the business has gone from strength-to-strength as people from all over the country visit the shop in search of an exotic pet.
"Our most popular at the moment are the baby leopard geckos," Nick said.
"They really are the greatest pet you can have because we sell them as babies and they grow to eight inches long - they live for about 14 years and they are extremely easy to look after."
INFORMATION: Camzoo is open from Monday to Thursday from 9am-5pm, on Friday from 9am-7pm and on Saturdays from 10am-4pm.