A golden start to 2015 for Potter Logistics
- Credit: Archant
Queen Adelaide firm Potter Logistics is celebrating 50 years in business.
In 1965, Derrick Potter started in business with just a single yellow lorry and great ambitions.
Half-a-century later, Potter Logistics operates from eight distribution centres and rail freight terminals employing more than 300 staff and its yellow trucks make hundreds of deliveries every day.
The business has seen significant growth over the years along with several acquisitions and joint ventures in the logistics, property and material recycling sectors.
Mr Potter, chairman of Potter Group, said: “I started Potter Logistics with a vision of a friendly and can-do attitude transport and distribution business.
You may also want to watch:
“This has now become a reality and the scope of our services has expanded over the years to establish a high quality and professional logistics company that has not forgotten its original ethos.”
Matthew Lamb, managing director, added: “We will be marking this fantastic event throughout the year, with special changes to our vehicle livery, additions to our fleet, with new Mercedes Benz Antos vehicles, and with staff and customer festivities that will culminate in September with a company celebration at Doncaster race course.”
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment