A golden start to 2015 for Potter Logistics
- Credit: Archant
Queen Adelaide firm Potter Logistics is celebrating 50 years in business.
In 1965, Derrick Potter started in business with just a single yellow lorry and great ambitions.
Half-a-century later, Potter Logistics operates from eight distribution centres and rail freight terminals employing more than 300 staff and its yellow trucks make hundreds of deliveries every day.
The business has seen significant growth over the years along with several acquisitions and joint ventures in the logistics, property and material recycling sectors.
Mr Potter, chairman of Potter Group, said: “I started Potter Logistics with a vision of a friendly and can-do attitude transport and distribution business.
You may also want to watch:
“This has now become a reality and the scope of our services has expanded over the years to establish a high quality and professional logistics company that has not forgotten its original ethos.”
Matthew Lamb, managing director, added: “We will be marking this fantastic event throughout the year, with special changes to our vehicle livery, additions to our fleet, with new Mercedes Benz Antos vehicles, and with staff and customer festivities that will culminate in September with a company celebration at Doncaster race course.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy