A golden start to 2015 for Potter Logistics
- Credit: Archant
Queen Adelaide firm Potter Logistics is celebrating 50 years in business.
In 1965, Derrick Potter started in business with just a single yellow lorry and great ambitions.
Half-a-century later, Potter Logistics operates from eight distribution centres and rail freight terminals employing more than 300 staff and its yellow trucks make hundreds of deliveries every day.
The business has seen significant growth over the years along with several acquisitions and joint ventures in the logistics, property and material recycling sectors.
Mr Potter, chairman of Potter Group, said: “I started Potter Logistics with a vision of a friendly and can-do attitude transport and distribution business.
You may also want to watch:
“This has now become a reality and the scope of our services has expanded over the years to establish a high quality and professional logistics company that has not forgotten its original ethos.”
Matthew Lamb, managing director, added: “We will be marking this fantastic event throughout the year, with special changes to our vehicle livery, additions to our fleet, with new Mercedes Benz Antos vehicles, and with staff and customer festivities that will culminate in September with a company celebration at Doncaster race course.”
- 1 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 2 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 5 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 6 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 7 McDonald’s helps litter pickers in mission to clean up county
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 10 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts