Bus replacements for five days in February: Allow 90 minutes extra if travelling between Ely and King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Rail users are advised to allow 90 minutes extra if travelling between Ely and King’s Lynn in February as buses will replace trains for five days.
From Monday 12 to Friday 16 February, there will be no trains all day at King’s Lynn, Watlington, Downham Market and Littleport stations.
Buses will serve these stations, but journey times will be up to 90 minutes longer.
The replacement services are being put in place so that work can be carried out to replace two railway bridges.
Direct services between Ely, Cambridge North and London King’s Cross will be reduced to one per hour.
You may also want to watch:
There will be no direct service between Waterbeach and London King’s Cross - a change of trains at Cambridge will be required
Services between Cambridge and London King’s Cross will operate normally.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
A Great Northern Rail spokesman said: “Great Northern, Greater Anglia and Network Rail are very sorry for the disruption to your journey while work to replace two railway bridges takes place.”