Bus replacements for five days in February: Allow 90 minutes extra if travelling between Ely and King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Rail users are advised to allow 90 minutes extra if travelling between Ely and King’s Lynn in February as buses will replace trains for five days.
From Monday 12 to Friday 16 February, there will be no trains all day at King’s Lynn, Watlington, Downham Market and Littleport stations.
Buses will serve these stations, but journey times will be up to 90 minutes longer.
The replacement services are being put in place so that work can be carried out to replace two railway bridges.
Direct services between Ely, Cambridge North and London King’s Cross will be reduced to one per hour.
There will be no direct service between Waterbeach and London King’s Cross - a change of trains at Cambridge will be required
Services between Cambridge and London King’s Cross will operate normally.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 6 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 7 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
A Great Northern Rail spokesman said: “Great Northern, Greater Anglia and Network Rail are very sorry for the disruption to your journey while work to replace two railway bridges takes place.”