Burwell Fund-raiser Making Parachute Jump For Guide Dogs Charity
A FORMER charity marathon runner has decided to embark on a challenger of a different kind to raise funds for Guide Dogs for the Blind. Emma-Louise Mckenney, a manager at the Burwell Early Learners (nursery school) raised more than �1,500 for the charity
A FORMER charity marathon runner has decided to embark on a challenger of a different kind to raise funds for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Emma-Louise Mckenney, a manager at the Burwell Early Learners (nursery school) raised more than �1,500 for the charity last year. This year she will be making a parachute jump to boost funds.
"I will be throwing myself out of the plane, somewhere over March to help raise money for a fantastic charity. This 45 seconds of sheer terror will allow Guide Dogs for the Blind to support more blind and partially-sighted people across the UK," she said.
"Imagine the thrilling experience of utter freedom as you free-fall from 0 - 120mph before gently descending to the ground to the cheers and support of your family and friends?
"I want to raise �500 for Guide Dogs For The Blind as this will sponsor a puppy and prepare him for his training, as well as train a visually impaired person to use a guide dog."
On August 27 and September 12, Emma-Louise and Oates the guide dog (pictured) will be holding street collections in Ely Market Place.
- 1 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 2 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 3 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 4 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 5 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 6 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 7 Vehicle fire caused heavy traffic on A14
- 8 County Day hopes to shine light on young farmers of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer
- 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
INFO: If you would like to sponsor Emma-Louise and support Guide Dogs for the Blind, go to: www.justgiving.com/elmmc