Burwell Fund-raiser Making Parachute Jump For Guide Dogs Charity
A FORMER charity marathon runner has decided to embark on a challenger of a different kind to raise funds for Guide Dogs for the Blind. Emma-Louise Mckenney, a manager at the Burwell Early Learners (nursery school) raised more than �1,500 for the charity
A FORMER charity marathon runner has decided to embark on a challenger of a different kind to raise funds for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Emma-Louise Mckenney, a manager at the Burwell Early Learners (nursery school) raised more than �1,500 for the charity last year. This year she will be making a parachute jump to boost funds.
"I will be throwing myself out of the plane, somewhere over March to help raise money for a fantastic charity. This 45 seconds of sheer terror will allow Guide Dogs for the Blind to support more blind and partially-sighted people across the UK," she said.
"Imagine the thrilling experience of utter freedom as you free-fall from 0 - 120mph before gently descending to the ground to the cheers and support of your family and friends?
You may also want to watch:
"I want to raise �500 for Guide Dogs For The Blind as this will sponsor a puppy and prepare him for his training, as well as train a visually impaired person to use a guide dog."
On August 27 and September 12, Emma-Louise and Oates the guide dog (pictured) will be holding street collections in Ely Market Place.
- 1 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 2 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
INFO: If you would like to sponsor Emma-Louise and support Guide Dogs for the Blind, go to: www.justgiving.com/elmmc