Burwell Fund-raiser Making Parachute Jump For Guide Dogs Charity
A FORMER charity marathon runner has decided to embark on a challenger of a different kind to raise funds for Guide Dogs for the Blind. Emma-Louise Mckenney, a manager at the Burwell Early Learners (nursery school) raised more than �1,500 for the charity
A FORMER charity marathon runner has decided to embark on a challenger of a different kind to raise funds for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Emma-Louise Mckenney, a manager at the Burwell Early Learners (nursery school) raised more than �1,500 for the charity last year. This year she will be making a parachute jump to boost funds.
"I will be throwing myself out of the plane, somewhere over March to help raise money for a fantastic charity. This 45 seconds of sheer terror will allow Guide Dogs for the Blind to support more blind and partially-sighted people across the UK," she said.
"Imagine the thrilling experience of utter freedom as you free-fall from 0 - 120mph before gently descending to the ground to the cheers and support of your family and friends?
"I want to raise �500 for Guide Dogs For The Blind as this will sponsor a puppy and prepare him for his training, as well as train a visually impaired person to use a guide dog."
On August 27 and September 12, Emma-Louise and Oates the guide dog (pictured) will be holding street collections in Ely Market Place.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 4 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 5 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
INFO: If you would like to sponsor Emma-Louise and support Guide Dogs for the Blind, go to: www.justgiving.com/elmmc