Burwell Fund-raiser Making Parachute Jump For Guide Dogs Charity
A FORMER charity marathon runner has decided to embark on a challenger of a different kind to raise funds for Guide Dogs for the Blind. Emma-Louise Mckenney, a manager at the Burwell Early Learners (nursery school) raised more than �1,500 for the charity
A FORMER charity marathon runner has decided to embark on a challenger of a different kind to raise funds for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Emma-Louise Mckenney, a manager at the Burwell Early Learners (nursery school) raised more than �1,500 for the charity last year. This year she will be making a parachute jump to boost funds.
"I will be throwing myself out of the plane, somewhere over March to help raise money for a fantastic charity. This 45 seconds of sheer terror will allow Guide Dogs for the Blind to support more blind and partially-sighted people across the UK," she said.
"Imagine the thrilling experience of utter freedom as you free-fall from 0 - 120mph before gently descending to the ground to the cheers and support of your family and friends?
You may also want to watch:
"I want to raise �500 for Guide Dogs For The Blind as this will sponsor a puppy and prepare him for his training, as well as train a visually impaired person to use a guide dog."
On August 27 and September 12, Emma-Louise and Oates the guide dog (pictured) will be holding street collections in Ely Market Place.
- 1 BBC camera crews hosted by Ely Business Park during Boat Race
- 2 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 3 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 4 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 5 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 6 Bodybuilding world champion raises £540 ahead of charity beauty pageant
- 7 'We plotted our downfall' admits boss after five-goal cup thriller
- 8 Artist's poignant painting in memory of HRH Prince Philip
- 9 Charity chief executive raises £646 by running 252 miles in 71 days
- 10 Letters: Bishop's prayer, bell salute, litter problems and search for family
INFO: If you would like to sponsor Emma-Louise and support Guide Dogs for the Blind, go to: www.justgiving.com/elmmc