Help the homeless by donating films, clothes or food to a Burwell firm who will deliver to two shelters in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
A Burwell firm is launching its annual Christmas appeal for two local charities who support the homeless and those in vulnerable housing.
An East Cambs firm is launching its annual Christmas appeal for two local charities that support the homeless and those in vulnerable housing.
Spirus Marketing will be collecting donated items in their office reception area to take to Jimmy’s Night Shelter and Cambridge’s Winter Comfort charities before Christmas.
Tania Verdonk, managing director of Spirus Marketing of Burwell, said: “Both Jimmy’s Night Shelter and Winter Comfort do great work supporting people experiencing homelessness in our area, providing them with shelter, warm clothes, hot food and access to other vital facilities.
“We think the work both charities do all year round is amazing, but we know that winter is a particularly dangerous time to have to sleep on the streets.
You may also want to watch:
“That’s why we have chosen Jimmy’s Night Shelter and Winter Comfort as our Christmas appeal charities again this year.
“Even a small donation – such as a deodorant or a pair of warm socks - can help make life a little easier for people who are facing homelessness.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
To donate items please leave them in the foyer of the Spirus offices at The Maltings, High Street, Burwell.
Tania added: “We know how busy this time of year can be and going head to head with Cambridge traffic can be difficult.
“That’s why, we’re doing a collection here at our Burwell office and we’ll safely deliver all donations by Tuesday December 19 to save you the bother of travelling.
“This is the third year we have run appeals for these two local charities and have been very proud to help. We are grateful for your support.”
Winter Comfort requests include second hand clean and warm men’s clothing, boots and trainers in good condition, new underwear and socks.
Christmas crackers – for Christmas dinner at the centre.
Toiletries, gloves, sleeping bags and sleeping rolls for protection from the cold, damp street. Also pet stockings and general items like biscuits and canned foods.
In addition for the shelter, any films on DVD or board games.