Burwell attempted ram raid: Offenders leave empty handed but Co-op petrol station on Ness Road closed until further notice
- Credit: Archant
The Co-op petrol station in Burwell has been closed until further notice after an attempted ram raid overnight.
Police were called at around 3.53am today (November 17) to reports of an attempted robbery at a petrol station in Ness Road, Burwell.
“The offenders attempted to remove a cash machine from the wall but were unsuccessful and fled the scene,” said a police spokesman.
A statement on the petrol station’s Facebook page reads: “Sorry Ness road co-op will be closed until further notice.”
Anyone with information regarding the incident should call police on 101 quoting incident 44 of today or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months