Burst water main forces closure of road in East Cambs village
- Credit: Archant
The America, Sutton, has been closed by the Highways Agency due to a burst water main.
The pipe has ruptured beneath the road surface and water pressure is physically lifting the concrete.
A police spokesman said: “It’s not safe for traffic and Anglian Water will be attending to commence repairs.
“This section of road in Sutton is likely to be closed for at least six hours (probably longer I’m afraid).
“For members of the community suffering a loss of water in and around that area - that’s the reason!”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “Do avoid this area if you possibly can.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely