Burrow’s Bookshop in Ely to hold annual Sponsored Storytelling fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Burrow’s Bookshop in Ely is holding its annual Sponsored Storytelling fundraiser on Saturday February 17 from 10am to 4pm.
It is being held to raise money for Rainbow Pre-school in Ely and the Viva! Arts and Community Group’s Mill Project.
Lisa Brown, a Rainbow Pre-school committee member, will join Annabel Reddick and Susan Harrison for the mammoth storytime session, along with guests storytellers and readers throughout the day.
Annabel Reddick, of Burrows Bookshop, said: “Our annual Sponsored Storytelling is always a popular event, and is a great way for us to share books and reading with lots of people throughout the day, while raising money for causes close to our heart.
“We invite people to come along at any time during the day to listen to us, simply drop in for five minutes or half an hour, or for the whole day if they want to.
“We will have guest readers throughout the day popping in and out to help us out, and all we ask is that people pop in and listen and make a donation. They can even join in and tell a story or two of their own if they like.”
The Viva! Mill Project is an initiative run by the Viva Arts Group in Soham which aims to raise funds to turn a disused mill into a thriving arts and community centre.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
Rainbow Pre-school is based in Ely and provides care and education for children aged two-and-a-half to four-years-old.