Bullying? These primary school pupils are shaking it off!
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at St Andrew’s Primary School in Soham have been shaking their stuff this week to show their support for Anti-Bullying Month.
More than 400 youngsters came together in the sports hall at neighbouring Soham Village College to dance to Shake it Off, by pop star Taylor Swift.
The pupils’ dance moves were recorded for a special video which has been posted on the school’s website to raise awareness for the anti-bullying campaign and to encourage other schools in East Cambridgeshire to get involved.
Teacher, Holly Mead said: “I came up with the idea for the video while I was walking my dog. I was thinking about the words of the song and how it would be nice for the children to focus on being strong and not putting up with bullying.
“At the end of the video we nominate other schools to get involved and we hope a few of them are planning to do something as well.”
You may also want to watch:
You can watch the video at: www.st-andrews.soham.org.uk/
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour