Bullying? These primary school pupils are shaking it off!
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at St Andrew’s Primary School in Soham have been shaking their stuff this week to show their support for Anti-Bullying Month.
More than 400 youngsters came together in the sports hall at neighbouring Soham Village College to dance to Shake it Off, by pop star Taylor Swift.
The pupils’ dance moves were recorded for a special video which has been posted on the school’s website to raise awareness for the anti-bullying campaign and to encourage other schools in East Cambridgeshire to get involved.
Teacher, Holly Mead said: “I came up with the idea for the video while I was walking my dog. I was thinking about the words of the song and how it would be nice for the children to focus on being strong and not putting up with bullying.
“At the end of the video we nominate other schools to get involved and we hope a few of them are planning to do something as well.”
You may also want to watch:
You can watch the video at: www.st-andrews.soham.org.uk/
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 6 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity