Building of business HQ at Lancaster Way Business Park could create 30 jobs in ‘up-and-coming’ Ely
- Credit: Archant
Thirty jobs could be created in Ely over the next two years thanks to a door manufacturing company which is building its business headquarters in Lancaster Way Business Park.
Deanta UK Ltd has started work on a purpose-built 40,000 square foot building, to include a state-of-the-art warehouse and contemporary office space, believing the city to be “up-and-coming”.
The development of the building and infrastructure development is being undertaken by Mick George and is part of the Cambridge Compass Enterprise Zone.
Mike O’Toole, managing director of Deanta, said: “We are very excited about moving our operations to Lancaster Way as it will undoubtedly enhance our reputation and give us plenty of room for growth.
“In fact, we plan on employing an extra 30 people over the next two years.
You may also want to watch:
“We have experienced rapid growth in recent years and have outgrown our current site so Lancaster Way was a perfect fit for our relocation.
“Ely is an up-and-coming city and Lancaster Way has built up an impressive infrastructure. We have also built an amazing team of talented people, many of whom live locally, and this was the key motivating factor in our decision.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Deanta UK Ltd will join almost 80 other companies already operating in the business park ranging from research and development to warehouse and distribution.