Building of business HQ at Lancaster Way Business Park could create 30 jobs in ‘up-and-coming’ Ely
- Credit: Archant
Thirty jobs could be created in Ely over the next two years thanks to a door manufacturing company which is building its business headquarters in Lancaster Way Business Park.
Deanta UK Ltd has started work on a purpose-built 40,000 square foot building, to include a state-of-the-art warehouse and contemporary office space, believing the city to be “up-and-coming”.
The development of the building and infrastructure development is being undertaken by Mick George and is part of the Cambridge Compass Enterprise Zone.
Mike O’Toole, managing director of Deanta, said: “We are very excited about moving our operations to Lancaster Way as it will undoubtedly enhance our reputation and give us plenty of room for growth.
“In fact, we plan on employing an extra 30 people over the next two years.
“We have experienced rapid growth in recent years and have outgrown our current site so Lancaster Way was a perfect fit for our relocation.
“Ely is an up-and-coming city and Lancaster Way has built up an impressive infrastructure. We have also built an amazing team of talented people, many of whom live locally, and this was the key motivating factor in our decision.”
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
Deanta UK Ltd will join almost 80 other companies already operating in the business park ranging from research and development to warehouse and distribution.