Building delays mean some pupils at new Soham school will be based in temporary accommodation at another school
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS at a new £5.7million Soham school will spend their first couple of months learning in temporary accommodation after the completion of the new school building was delayed until November.
The first Reception class at The Shade Primary School, which is part of the Staploe Trust, will temporarily be based at The Weatheralls Primary School.
Headteacher Lisa Gregory said: “The aim is to move into the new building in January 2014.
“With spacious classrooms, superb facilities and an outstanding outdoor area, it will be well worth the wait.”
Admissions for the pre-school are anticipated for Easter 2014.
Miss Gregory left her post as deputy head at St Andrew’s Primary School in Soham to become the school’s first headteacher.
She said: “Our aim is for all children to master learning skills that bring a love of learning, achievement, confidence and independence in order for them to be the designers of their future.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 7 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 8 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
“To achieve this we will work with our partners to learn, develop and improve.”
Richard Liddington, the headteacher at St Andrew’s Primary School, Soham, welcomed the opening of a new school.
He said: “Far from being threatened by the opening of a new school, it’s an exciting time for both St Andrew’s and the Weatherhalls.
“Both schools have already worked closely with the Staploe Trust in helping to establish this new school, which will share many of the principles already in place in our respective schools.”