Building delays mean some pupils at new Soham school will be based in temporary accommodation at another school
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS at a new £5.7million Soham school will spend their first couple of months learning in temporary accommodation after the completion of the new school building was delayed until November.
The first Reception class at The Shade Primary School, which is part of the Staploe Trust, will temporarily be based at The Weatheralls Primary School.
Headteacher Lisa Gregory said: “The aim is to move into the new building in January 2014.
“With spacious classrooms, superb facilities and an outstanding outdoor area, it will be well worth the wait.”
Admissions for the pre-school are anticipated for Easter 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Gregory left her post as deputy head at St Andrew’s Primary School in Soham to become the school’s first headteacher.
She said: “Our aim is for all children to master learning skills that bring a love of learning, achievement, confidence and independence in order for them to be the designers of their future.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 5 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 9 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 10 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
“To achieve this we will work with our partners to learn, develop and improve.”
Richard Liddington, the headteacher at St Andrew’s Primary School, Soham, welcomed the opening of a new school.
He said: “Far from being threatened by the opening of a new school, it’s an exciting time for both St Andrew’s and the Weatherhalls.
“Both schools have already worked closely with the Staploe Trust in helping to establish this new school, which will share many of the principles already in place in our respective schools.”