Building delays mean some pupils at new Soham school will be based in temporary accommodation at another school
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS at a new £5.7million Soham school will spend their first couple of months learning in temporary accommodation after the completion of the new school building was delayed until November.
The first Reception class at The Shade Primary School, which is part of the Staploe Trust, will temporarily be based at The Weatheralls Primary School.
Headteacher Lisa Gregory said: “The aim is to move into the new building in January 2014.
“With spacious classrooms, superb facilities and an outstanding outdoor area, it will be well worth the wait.”
Admissions for the pre-school are anticipated for Easter 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Miss Gregory left her post as deputy head at St Andrew’s Primary School in Soham to become the school’s first headteacher.
She said: “Our aim is for all children to master learning skills that bring a love of learning, achievement, confidence and independence in order for them to be the designers of their future.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
“To achieve this we will work with our partners to learn, develop and improve.”
Richard Liddington, the headteacher at St Andrew’s Primary School, Soham, welcomed the opening of a new school.
He said: “Far from being threatened by the opening of a new school, it’s an exciting time for both St Andrew’s and the Weatherhalls.
“Both schools have already worked closely with the Staploe Trust in helping to establish this new school, which will share many of the principles already in place in our respective schools.”