Building delays mean some pupils at new Soham school will be based in temporary accommodation at another school
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS at a new £5.7million Soham school will spend their first couple of months learning in temporary accommodation after the completion of the new school building was delayed until November.
The first Reception class at The Shade Primary School, which is part of the Staploe Trust, will temporarily be based at The Weatheralls Primary School.
Headteacher Lisa Gregory said: “The aim is to move into the new building in January 2014.
“With spacious classrooms, superb facilities and an outstanding outdoor area, it will be well worth the wait.”
Admissions for the pre-school are anticipated for Easter 2014.
Miss Gregory left her post as deputy head at St Andrew’s Primary School in Soham to become the school’s first headteacher.
She said: “Our aim is for all children to master learning skills that bring a love of learning, achievement, confidence and independence in order for them to be the designers of their future.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 10 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
“To achieve this we will work with our partners to learn, develop and improve.”
Richard Liddington, the headteacher at St Andrew’s Primary School, Soham, welcomed the opening of a new school.
He said: “Far from being threatened by the opening of a new school, it’s an exciting time for both St Andrew’s and the Weatherhalls.
“Both schools have already worked closely with the Staploe Trust in helping to establish this new school, which will share many of the principles already in place in our respective schools.”