Budding young singers are invited to Ely Cathedral’s be a chorister day
- Credit: Archant
Budding young singers are invited to take part in the second be a chorister day at Ely Cathedral.
Any boys aged six to nine who are currently in years two, three and four are invited to meet the cathedral’s boy choristers, find out what they get up to and take part in a short service.
From 9.45am boys and their parents are invited to arrive at King’s Ely Junior.
They are given a welcome with a video presentation and an opportunity to ask questions.
Following this the boys ahve a chance to take part in workshops, take part in a mock voice trial and enjoy a lunch at the Monastic Barn followed by a tour of Choir House for participants and parents.
You may also want to watch:
The boys then assemble for song school and a tour of the Cathedral, testing the acoustics in various locations, and briefly rehearsing for the service.
Parents will then enjoy a presentation by Neil Porter-Thaw, the choir housemaster and director of music at King’s Ely Junior, which includes a question and answer session.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
The day includes an informal harvest service sung by the choristers and the boys taking part in the special day.
The service finishes at 2.45pm when photos are taken and the boys are presented with certificates.
Anyone who would like to take part is asked to register their interest by calling 01353 660732 or email email@example.com.